Reachlocal

www.reachlocal.com

Work Hard, Consult & Love Your Job!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I have been with ReachLocal for just shy of 3 years. Like any sales job, it has ups and downs but I can confidently say that the ups far out weigh the downs. I speak for most good sales people when I say that the perfect position encompasses a company that gives you something to sell that the market doesn't have, support to sell it and opportunity to grow both professionally and monetarily. ReachLocal encompasses all of this. ReachLocal truly and honestly provides solutions to local businesses that our "competition" does not and we do it through a consultant role which allows us to show an overwhelming amount of value to our customers. There isn't a meeting where I walk into where I am not confident that I can either provide that business with the best technology, reporting and digital solutions in the market or at the very least give them some information and knowledge in the digital space. Either way, that confidence comes from what ReachLocal arms us with in terms of training, technology and support as internet marketing consultants.

Additional Pros -
- ReachLocal allows you to grow your business the way you want to on the most part. Like any sales job there are numbers you are required to hit, but ReachLocal really is an entrepreneurial company. How you grow your business is up to you.
- ReachLocal has a really relaxed atmosphere. If necessary, you can email the CEO, COO etc of the company and they are always willing to take the time to talk to you. Pretty amazing for a company this size.
- You can make a great living as long as you are providing excellent service and keeping your customers happy through appropriate and strategic marketing plans. Your ReachLocal customers stay ReachLocal customers!

Cons

- Management in your specific office anyway isn't necessarily there because they know more than you. Grow your book of business the way YOU want to grow your book of business. Understand your strengths and use those. Communicate to management your plan. If they can't lead by example, that's ok...there are a TON of people in the company that have done what you are doing with huge success, reach out to those people.

- The first year to year 1/2 is TOUGH. In fact, the hardest job I've ever had, but with large reward. Do NOT come work for ReachLocal if you are looking for up calls, or accounts to be given to you. You need to grow your own book of business from zero. Trust me, the success feels that much better when you do.

- Remember to manage work and personal life. Digital advertising can take up your whole day and whole night if you allow it to. As long as you have a computer/ipad/iphone you could potentially be working....so try to have balance. The best ReachLocal sales people do!

If you can't lead by example...look to other managers that have a proven track record of success and LEARN from your staff, they are the one's doing the job day in and day out!
Also don't forget what we are doing - digital marketing - it should be fun!!! :)

Other reviews for Reachlocal

Numerous Opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Growth - the company is in hyper-growth mode which leads to many opportunities
    Opportunity
    People
    Culture
    Ideas

Cons

Pay someone lower than competitive set
    Growth has problems - scale, training, etc.

Desperately hoping for new management

Current Employee - IMC  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IMC in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The bread and butter of this job consists of selling optimized google ad words and the product does work but is priced higher than necessary. The pay can be good if you can manage to find and maintain business (THIS IS RARE).

Cons

This is a very tough gig and I have seen almost countless numbers of reps go. It's scary when you go through salesforce and see dozens upon dozens of reps who are no longer here when the entire office is less than 20 people.

The help you will get is from the other sales reps NOT AT ALL FROM MANAGEMENT. If you like to hear baseball analogies ad nauseum you have found your ideal job. The management is very similar to management in car sales and the turnover here is about the same.

Consider that the problem isn't the IMCs ability to sell but the managers ability to support, coach, and manage. MANAGING IS NOT A REVOLVING DOOR HIRE-FIRE POLICY.

There are newer employer reviews for Reachlocal.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!