A Great Place To Build a Long-Term Career

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Reachlocal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started working as an Account Manager in 2008 after graduating college with a Marketing degree. I knew i wanted to work in the digital space as most forms of traditional media are on the decline. I'm glad a chose ReachLocal as this company has proven to be a true leader in the digital space. Four years later, career continues to excel. The compensation for Account Managers includes a residual commission that provides incentive to grow your income year after year. Also, the relaxed yet excited atmosphere of ambitious professionals in the local offices makes it really feel like you are part of a family.

Cons

If you are not willing to put forth a lot of hard work in the first year and immerse yourself in the industry to become a true expert, this job will become very challenging. The people that seem to be most dissatisfied with the position are usually the ones that aren't willing to sprint from the beginning in order to find their stride. If you are not comfortable educating business owners about high level marketing solutions and are not willing to challenge their strategies, then you will likely get discouraged and quickly get surpassed by the competition.

Continue to support and develop the ambitious professionals, tenured and new alike. Be weary of people that come to ReachLocal looking for a normal desk job or a free ride. This company is a great fit for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career, but they must be willing to put in the work to become an expert. With the help of management, we can put the right people in place to take this company to the next level.

Other Reviews for Reachlocal

Amazing Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at Reachlocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

ReachLocal is an amazing place to work. The environment is open and friendly and a place you really want to be. The opportunity for growth is available if you really want it and are willing to work for it. The management and director are beyond supportive and do whatever it takes to help you grow. We constantly get training on what's going on with the industry and I think that helps us be the experts that our clients really need. I have really enjoyed my time here so far and look forward to many more years to come. This is a company that you can really have a great future with.

Cons

I really don't have any, great company to work for.

Continue doing what you are doing. The environment is great!

Non-Stimulating Environment, Management is Generally Clueless/Unhelpful

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at Reachlocal full-time

Pros

Flexible with time off, relaxed dress code. Great way to learn the basics of SEO, content marketing, etc.

Cons

Web Presence Professionals are the bottom of the barrel. The ReachCast product was great until the Penguin update by Google hit in May 2012. Since then, we've been playing catch-up to Google all the while SMB's are paying $1200-$1700 per month for a platform that barely works and is broken most of the time. Upper management still expects renewals with a broken product. Sorry, but I'm not going to convince already struggling SMB's to pay that much for Facebook updates and lackluster content. It's just wrong. Hopefully something is fixed soon. There is also a review above here that talks about the turnover - it is insane! I've never heard of or worked in a place where EVERY week someone or several people are leaving. There are so many new people coming in/out that it's confusing and creates a somewhat awkward work environment.

Give your employees answers! Help them solve issues and give them more hands-on instructions so there is less confusion.

There are newer employer reviews for Reachlocal.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!