There are newer employer reviews for Reachlocal

Non-Stimulating Environment, Management is Generally Clueless/Unhelpful

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at Reachlocal full-time

Pros

Flexible with time off, relaxed dress code. Great way to learn the basics of SEO, content marketing, etc.

Cons

Web Presence Professionals are the bottom of the barrel. The ReachCast product was great until the Penguin update by Google hit in May 2012. Since then, we've been playing catch-up to Google all the while SMB's are paying $1200-$1700 per month for a platform that barely works and is broken most of the time. Upper management still expects renewals with a broken product. Sorry, but I'm not going to convince already struggling SMB's to pay that much for Facebook updates and lackluster content. It's just wrong. Hopefully something is fixed soon. There is also a review above here that talks about the turnover - it is insane! I've never heard of or worked in a place where EVERY week someone or several people are leaving. There are so many new people coming in/out that it's confusing and creates a somewhat awkward work environment.

Give your employees answers! Help them solve issues and give them more hands-on instructions so there is less confusion.

352 Other Employee Reviews for Reachlocal (View Most Recent)

Don't be fooled by the base salary.

Former Employee - IMC  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IMC in Tampa, FL

I worked at Reachlocal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product does work, they treat their employees well and overall this could be a good job

Cons

Chur! Most accounts and employees churn.The training is lousy and even though you spend a week in Dallas it does not scratch the surface on how the products work.. It will take years to make the kind of money they talk about and in fact the only ones making money where I use to work were the old timers who would inherit accounts or who were on the managers good side.

Train new IMC's, let them shadow senior member to learn the products and sales cycle. Stop playing favorites.

Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Reachlocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

culture, people, opportunity, work and fast growth

Cons

pace of change, high growth challenges

as we grow fast we need to keep the culture we created

There are newer employer reviews for Reachlocal

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!