There are newer employer reviews for Reading Health System

READING HOSPITAL IS FALLING APART

Current Employee - A SMALL PERSON
Current Employee - A SMALL PERSON

I have been working at Reading Health System

Pros

I was very happy with the hospital before I knew my job wasn't secure anymore.

Cons

The down side of being employed at the Reading Hospital is that they are taking away peoples jobs because of the "economy issues" but our hospital President makes over a half million a year AND has 5 vice presidents!

Take a paycut and keep the little people's jobs!

40 Other Employee Reviews for Reading Health System (View Most Recent)

Always expanding striving to improve healthcare for their community.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Reading, PA

I have been working at Reading Health System

Pros

Employees here provide wondeful patient care. We work as a team through all things. There are multiple areas to work if you decide you would like to move on to something new or different. They do have the CAP program that allows you to expand professionally. They are partnered with many programs to make furthering education easier with working. TRHMC comes together to raise awareness and monetary gifts to help the community. We strive to give the best hospital experience a patient can have to make a time of stress easier on both the patient and the family.

Cons

Alot of floors are short staffed at this time so you are asked to do extra shifts to cover. Benefits are limited to the Reading Hospital and Medical Center groups only. You can go elsewhere but will be paying out of pocket. There is a lack of communication between levels of management to staff employees. Depending upon the area that you work you may feel a lack of respect towards your hard work. You are expected to join multiple commitees and go to mutliple meetings during your work days and days off.

Listen to the employees a little more. Maybe spend a full day shadowing different positions in the institution to fully appreciate all the hard work that the employees give each day.

Reading Hospital !

Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant  in  West Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in West Reading, PA

I have been working at Reading Health System

Pros

The best reasons to work for Reading Hospital are the fringe benefits and the opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The biggest downside to the Reading Hospital is the shortage of parking.

Management should be more engaged in the activities of those they oversee.

There are newer employer reviews for Reading Health System

Worked for Reading Health System? Contribute to the Community!