Reading Partners
readingpartners.org Oakland, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great company to complete a year of service with, but large gap between AmeriCorps and full-time.

AmeriCorps Member/Site Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsReading Partners is a really challenging but supportive environment in which to do a year of service. I love having a lot of responsibility as an AmeriCorps member. I got to meet a ton of inspiring volunteer tutors, and learned best practices for teaching literacy skills. Obviously the best part is working with students and getting to see them grow in their abilities.

ConsThe main con to the AmeriCorps positions is that there is a large gap between Americorps members and full-time employees. Of course, as for any AmeriCorps position, they stipend is not great, but Reading Partners pays more than most AmeriCorps. Additionally, if you don't want to work very hard, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be amazing to be able to build more of a bridge from AmeriCorps members to full-time positions, though I understand why that is difficult.

Rewarding and fun experience with a non-profit

Site Coordinator (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Reading Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very supportive managers, continuous training and education award for Americorps members upon completion of service term. Fun to work with children everyday and… Cons: Low pay, but you know that going into it. Compensation is more than other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hard work, visible results, great people

Site Coordinator (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Reading Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pros: Dedicated, passionate people Real opportunity to make an impact Good way to get experience working directly… Cons: Cons: Inconsistent management and poor allocation of resources make the job frustrating at times Poor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Reading Partners.

Worked for Reading Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reading Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reading Partners CEO Michael Lombardo. All reviews posted anonymously by Reading Partners employees.