There are newer employer reviews for ReadyTalk

Outstanding culture, outstanding company

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at ReadyTalk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of Sr. management really know their stuff, are very good at what they do, and know how to drive the company onward and upward. Employees are incredibly loyal and the company is VERY picky about whom they hire with multiple sets of interviews.

Cons

There are some in upper management who find it difficult to delegate and relinquish control. I'm certain this is fallout from when the company was small, but with over 150 employees now, it's time they let go.

Give the product managers the flexibility to be product managers. Give them the leeway to control their product and provide guidance and direction - not interference.

35 Other Employee Reviews for ReadyTalk (View Most Recent)

I really enjoy my job here - there are drawbacks, but I still love it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ReadyTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very non-corporate atmosphere, great work/life balance, good philanthropy. Benefits are great - insurance premiums are paid 100% by the company for the entire family. I really like my team and love my job and I'm actually excited to get up in the morning to go to work. When I'm away on vacation, I actually miss my job and my work friends! I get a lot of latitude to make decisions, which I really appreciate. I'm not micro-managed at all.

Cons

Some departments have no advancement potential, so no room to be promoted for many people. Must rely on merit-based raises to advance salary, even if you take on more responsibilities. Some departments seem to have "cliques" and there's a feeling of elitism among some of the engineering managers that leaves a bad taste for many people. Some of the employees, especially younger ones that have never worked in a typical corporate environment, act very entitled.

There needs to be better consistency across departments. The CEO doesn't think job titles matter, but they DO. There needs to be a path for advancement, no matter how small the department. Stop fostering the elitism culture that is growing in engineering and tell everyone to grow up.

ReadyTalk is a great company to work for. The people are fantastic and the leadership is excellent.

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at ReadyTalk

Pros

ReadyTalk was voted the best company to work for in Colorado multiple years in a row. Here are some reasons why-

1) The ReadyTalk culture is like a family. Everyone is approachable and supportive.

2) ReadyTalk has great leadership. All the way across the board. From the CEO to the Directors to the Product Managers to the Scrum Masters to the Direct Managers. They are always able to make time to speak with anyone in the company. I often spoke with all of them.

3) The CEO and ReadyTalk supports employees in all kinds of ways. He encourages charity work, he gives us unlimited amounts of food and drinks, he encourages exercise and supports gym time.

4) The company started a ESOP

5) Free Eco-Pass Unlimited RTD

6) I really liked the Gym membership reimbursement. Plus they have corporate deals with the two best gyms downtown.

7) Good pay and vacation

8) One of my favorite aspects of working at ReadyTalk was the complete support of collaboration. Everyone is always working together, talking together, figuring out solutions together. They also can be seen just catching up and saying hello. Everyone seems to make the time to connect.

9) ReadyTalk sponsors employee charity work big time. I was able to put in 5 full paid days of charity work while I was at ReadyTalk. I had enormous support from the other employees, at the Forzability ride I had over 35 people participate 2 years in a row. We also did habitat for humanity, Christmas gifts for kids and created a room for women and children.

10) A huge amount of ReadyTalk sponsored parties. Just a really fun group in general. So much laughter and fun.

Cons

1) I wish they had more offices in other areas in the United States. My wife was relocated to the Bay Area and I no option but to leave this fun group. Though they did give me three goodbye parties which involved lots of food and drinks.
    2) Too much Dove chocolate, chips and nuts available. You have to be really disciplined or you will have to exercise just to support your food habit.

It would be cool if there was more chance for title improvement. For instance, instead of everyone being a QA engineer, maybe add a senior QA engineer title for those who have proven themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for ReadyTalk

Worked for ReadyTalk? Contribute to the Community!