ReadyTalk

www.readytalk.com
There are newer employer reviews for ReadyTalk

Excellent company, great opportunity to learn and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ReadyTalk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent people. We take our culture seriously, which is why the interview process is so lengthy. The majority of RT employees enjoy coming to work in the morning and this is very evident. We're very fortunate that the company takes such good care of us in terms of benefits and perks. It's also very motivating being part of an environment where health and wellness is a big part of who we are as an organization.

You can interact with senior leadership on a daily basis. You also have the opportunity to get involved with committees or initiatives that interest you - this can be related to your job and is completely what you make of it.

Cons

Being a relatively flat organization (this can also be a positive), it can be a difficult if you're looking to climb the corporate ladder. RT isn't perfect and some challenges do exist when it comes to processes and other day-to-day functions related to various teams.

Continue to invest in smart growth of our teams while keeping culture and company mindset at the forefront of the decisions we make as an organization - these are some of the things that make RT great.

37 Other Employee Reviews for ReadyTalk (View Most Recent)

Best Company in Denver.. Maybe the W

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at ReadyTalk full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is an amazing company, with a great product, long-term vision and creative team players at every level. The downtown location is beautiful and right off the Union Station lightrail. The office is fun and invigorating, coming to work is something you look forward to. Employees are given technical freedom to explore solutions, but enough thoughtful direction from management that the vision is usually very clear.

Cons

I wasn't working here earlier.

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep caring about your people. Keep providing oversight and support while allowing your teams to work independently.

Culture at a cost

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at ReadyTalk full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great 'culture', snacks & beer, yoga, benefits to encourage community charity and volunteering. Very nice office, and a bunch of great coworkers.

Cons

The pushing of culture and work environment seem to be trying to balance the problems, at least for engineering. Most of the code is very 'legacy'. No opportunity for advancement. No technical strategy beyond small pockets of engineers who get very small opportunities to improve the ecosystem. If you are strategic and don't have patience for a glacial pace of change, you will not be satisfied. Poor communication within engineering, and way too many meetings.

There are a few power players wedged between the managers and the CEO that don't seem to fit the company line about collaboration and accountability. Question their power, work style, communication, and if they are creating poison. Engineering needs a serious re-org and focus shift.

There are newer employer reviews for ReadyTalk