a great company caught in its own shadow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at RealNetworks

Pros

Overall, Real is very good about how they treat their employees and the fantastic attitudes of those that work there are proof.

Cons

Real has been saddled with a less than positive reputation in the industry and amongst consumers. It is very hard for people to see past our past despite the many great accomplishments and products we have made.

Keep sharing with your employees. There is talk about the feelings of being a family, well that means we share in the ups and the downs.

Other Reviews for RealNetworks

RealNetworks is trying, but not suceding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at RealNetworks

Pros

The Benefits were acceptable and for the most part the people are smart. The company is still very technology based, so if that's your area, there is good work to be done there.

Cons

The culture is still crippled from years of erratic changes in focus, a long steady line of RIFs, and a diet of fear, disappointment and ignorance as to the constantly changing priorities. Even if things were to improve greatly with regard to revenues and a clear goal, the current employee base would still be cowering in their paste colored offices afraid to reach or innovate. Unfortunately, in an environment like this, there tend to be three kinds of people: The ones who are far smarter than they feel able to contribute and just keep their heads down, the ones who are arrogant and use those bowed heads as step stools and those about to be laid off. None of whom make for a healthy or vibrant company.

Bob Kimball made a good start on changing things, but did not go far enough. He actually talked about a more open communication (a lot) but forgot to communicate anything of substance. Still, I had high hopes for Bob, he was off to the best start in the company’s history with regard to culture. Guess we know how that went over…

Follow Bob's lead, take it farther, but above all, gain the trust of the employee base or parish.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at RealNetworks

Pros

Interesting technology, good Seattle location,

Cons

Mean people, a lot of pressure

Care about employees

There are newer employer reviews for RealNetworks.

Worked for RealNetworks? Contribute to the Community!