There are newer employer reviews for RealPage

Started off strong, then went south and never got better

Former Employee - IT  in  Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - IT in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees worked well with each other. Always helpful and team oriented.
Some managers use to care about their employees and balanced the business needs well.
Use to be lots of opportunity for improvements, allowing several chances to be noticed for quality work. Still some of that going on today but at a fraction of the past.
Upper management use to keep everyone in the loop at appropriate levels.
Managers, no longer in the company, covered my back and I theirs when it mattered most.

Cons

I'm not angry, just dissapointed & passionate about my time here.

1. Execs & Upper Management are completely disconnected from the trenches and share little to no directional knowledge with employees.
2. My Executive had a rinse repeat attitude in fixing our departments growth needs by limiting or cutting off any meaningful internal promotions. This executive instead hires an upper manager to bring in his staff, pay them all 30%-50% more, and then leave it to us to train them. This same process repeated more than once, resulting in the existing staff feeling outright depressed about their dead end jobs. We often joked, if you wanted to get compensation closer to the new hires or to be appreciated more, just quit and come back later for more money.
3. In the last couple of years, most of the "Go To" people have left the company. With no succession planning of their replacements, back fills are often left to fend for themselves and muddle through, best they can.
4. Get it done now, rush decisions, handed down with little or no warning and no clear explanation why.
5. Upper Managers running teams without any knowledge of the tools being used or systems their teams support, resulting in a "That sounds good. Lets do that" decision making.
6. Project Management was not driving effectively or given the inclusion to projects they should have run.
7. Promoting the most disgruntled employees just to quiet them down, resulting in stepford wife employees. Keep taking your pills and be happy! :)
8. Good managers left in waves due to no empowerment, broken promises on bonuses & slashed budgets. All when we are meeting number goals. My last quarterly bonus was so low, it helped me decide to leave.
9. Facilities were not maintained well. Broken restrooms, sinks staying clogged and employees brought their own coffee, as the company coffee was not good and then upgraded to folgers for a time. Exec's had company issued Kurig machines and all the K-Cups they wanted.
10. Consistently told i was a top performer and consistently paid under market by high double digits. Exec told me we are trying hard to get your pay in range and then i would watch yahoo finance as the guy cashes out $300k in stock options, in a single day.
11. In less than a year, my department changed hands so many times my temp manager asked who i worked for? I politely responded, "I'm working for you, but i'm not %100 sure on that sir." - btw, he left it up to me to find out and fill him in once i knew.
12. In the few months before resigning my position, I was physically ill every day. Constantly not knowing the future and so many changes being made, with no inclusion in the process, made this job very difficult to continue.

Don't ask your employees to voice their opinions, if you aren't willing to listen and take measurable action.

Spend more money on your valued employees and less time trying to figure out how to cut the spending down. Wake up and fight for people!

At least monthly, make sure all levels have directional knowledge and clear meaningful goals. Be transparent as possible!

Promote a proven leader to correct the problems. Quit hiring "departments in a box" as your solution for staffing issues.

I used to believe in the strength of this company and would love to feel this way again.

199 Other Employee Reviews for RealPage (View Most Recent)

Care Advisor = Bad Job

Current Employee - Care Advisor
    Current Employee - Care Advisor

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work at home

Cons

Biggest mistake I ever made. Todd and the rest of the management are money grubbing jerks. The numbers you are expected to make are truly unrealistic. The turn over in this position is SCARY. Nearly 100% in less than one year. This is a sick company and do not be surprised when they go to call center only. DO NOT make the mistake I did and give up a great sales career for this. It is a step back. All of the promised money is simply not there!

Don't lie. Pay your people on each move in NOT after three move ins. People work just as hard for three move ins as one and both get no commission. The smartest Care advisors are the ones that left during training.

Enriching

Current Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Greer, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the trainin program and still love the one on one contact and training i get with my supervisors and TL. It is a great family oriented enviroment with tons of incentive and oppurtunity to succeed.

Cons

None so far. They give you ample oppurtunity and flexibility to grow and to live a productive and enjoyable life.

Keep it up! I love working here!

There are newer employer reviews for RealPage

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!