There are newer employer reviews for RealPage

worst company ever was glad when i found something else

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are quite a few great shopping and eating places located near by, lots of living areas around the facility

Cons

do not care about employees, tend to move managers around too much. The vip's bounce from one position to another when one mistake is made

stop being so eager to let people go and try to train employees properly

198 Other Employee Reviews for RealPage (View Most Recent)

Working at RealPage was Plan B for me, but it quickly became a better fit than Plan A would have.

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor  in  Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Greer, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I put a lot of effort and pride into my work and I feel I have received satisfactory recognition for all that I have done for the company. I look forward to continuing my efforts with RealPage to help make it a better company.

Cons

The direction of the company often seems shrouded in a cloud of mystery because it feels that leadership is out of touch with its people on the front lines, the ones who carry the company forward on their backs.

My advice to management is to open communication with all employees, even those on the front lines, to help them feel that they are a vital part of the organizations success and advancement into the future. "Take care of your people, and they will take care of you."

Started off strong, then went south and never got better

Former Employee - IT  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - IT in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees worked well with each other. Always helpful and team oriented.
    Some managers use to care about their employees and balanced the business needs well.
    Use to be lots of opportunity for improvements, allowing several chances to be noticed for quality work. Still some of that going on today but at a fraction of the past.
    Upper management use to keep everyone in the loop at appropriate levels.
    Managers, no longer in the company, covered my back and I theirs when it mattered most.

Cons

I'm not angry, just dissapointed & passionate about my time here.

1. Execs & Upper Management are completely disconnected from the trenches and share little to no directional knowledge with employees.
    2. My Executive had a rinse repeat attitude in fixing our departments growth needs by limiting or cutting off any meaningful internal promotions. This executive instead hires an upper manager to bring in his staff, pay them all 30%-50% more, and then leave it to us to train them. This same process repeated more than once, resulting in the existing staff feeling outright depressed about their dead end jobs. We often joked, if you wanted to get compensation closer to the new hires or to be appreciated more, just quit and come back later for more money.
    3. In the last couple of years, most of the "Go To" people have left the company. With no succession planning of their replacements, back fills are often left to fend for themselves and muddle through, best they can.
    4. Get it done now, rush decisions, handed down with little or no warning and no clear explanation why.
    5. Upper Managers running teams without any knowledge of the tools being used or systems their teams support, resulting in a "That sounds good. Lets do that" decision making.
    6. Project Management was not driving effectively or given the inclusion to projects they should have run.
    7. Promoting the most disgruntled employees just to quiet them down, resulting in stepford wife employees. Keep taking your pills and be happy! :)
    8. Good managers left in waves due to no empowerment, broken promises on bonuses & slashed budgets. All when we are meeting number goals. My last quarterly bonus was so low, it helped me decide to leave.
    9. Facilities were not maintained well. Broken restrooms, sinks staying clogged and employees brought their own coffee, as the company coffee was not good and then upgraded to folgers for a time. Exec's had company issued Kurig machines and all the K-Cups they wanted.
    10. Consistently told i was a top performer and consistently paid under market by high double digits. Exec told me we are trying hard to get your pay in range and then i would watch yahoo finance as the guy cashes out $300k in stock options, in a single day.
    11. In less than a year, my department changed hands so many times my temp manager asked who i worked for? I politely responded, "I'm working for you, but i'm not %100 sure on that sir." - btw, he left it up to me to find out and fill him in once i knew.
    12. In the few months before resigning my position, I was physically ill every day. Constantly not knowing the future and so many changes being made, with no inclusion in the process, made this job very difficult to continue.

Don't ask your employees to voice their opinions, if you aren't willing to listen and take measurable action.

Spend more money on your valued employees and less time trying to figure out how to cut the spending down. Wake up and fight for people!

At least monthly, make sure all levels have directional knowledge and clear meaningful goals. Be transparent as possible!

Promote a proven leader to correct the problems. Quit hiring "departments in a box" as your solution for staffing issues.

I used to believe in the strength of this company and would love to feel this way again.

There are newer employer reviews for RealPage

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!