Realogy

www.realogy.com
  www.realogy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Realogy

When you can't trust HR, what else matters?

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best and brightest real estate and franchising professionals in the business pass through Realogy's doors at some point in their career. If you keep your eyes open, your nose to the ground and pay close attention you can learn a lot from people who are willing to share and help you make connections. The company has made great improvements to help employees enjoy a balance of professional and personal responsibilities.

Cons

DO NOT TRUST HUMAN RESOURCES. If you take nothing else away from the reviews on Glassdoor.com just remember that you cannot share any complaints and concerns with HR. As you are on your way back to your desk from a meeting that you thought was positive, the person you trusted is on the phone with your manager repeating your words verbatim. I know because I am a manager and whenever someone has a concern, my HR generalist shares everything with me. That is helpul because it allows me to change whatever needs to change and I don't hold it against my direct reports. It also tells me that I had better not share any concerns or my relationship with my manager is in jeopardy. The other big issue with HR is that managers don't decide who gets hired, promoted or fired. HR strongarms the managers into choices that aren't agreeable. When it's time to make cuts, the managers usually learn the night before who is being let go and cannot do anything about it. I've been with the company for a number of years and stay because I have learned a lot that will be helpful to me when I am ready to move on. The pay isn't great but the learning experience far outweighs what I could earn elsewhere. There is limited focus on employee development and the company seems to allocate limited resources to talent management.

Each employee should have a true employee development plan that follows them from the minute they start at Realogy. It should be tied to their performance reviews and referred back to throughout the year and not just during common review periods. It could also be used to prepare employees for opportunities that are frequently or anticipated to be available. Perhaps consider separating the HR team in RFG. It would be great for them to learn more about the other Realogy businsesses and would break up a clique that employees know about and feel threatened by but are powerless to do anything about.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Realogy (View Most Recent)

Pretty OK

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company tries to do good things for it's employees. Promotes wellness, offers some flexibility with working from home.

Cons

Too much work, not enough help.
    Vacation policy is terrible.

Be accountable for poor managers.
    Slow down, do less, but do it well.

It was great place to work until the layoffs happend.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Realogy

Pros

My office environment was very professional and pretty easy going at times. Most people got along well with each other.

Cons

Some of the management staff were way overpaid for doing nothing. There was a lot favortism towards some that didn't deserve to even work there. The "true" hard workers never got recognized for going above and beyond.

Corporate should take a closer look at who you have in charge as managers and the managment staff should also be evaluated by their team / staff. I think Corp. would be surprised to find out some of the things that goes on there.

There are newer employer reviews for Realogy