Realogy

www.realogy.com

When you can't trust HR, what else matters?

Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsThe best and brightest real estate and franchising professionals in the business pass through Realogy's doors at some point in their career. If you keep your eyes open, your nose to the ground and pay close attention you can learn a lot from people who are willing to share and help you make connections. The company has made great improvements to help employees enjoy a balance of professional and personal responsibilities.

ConsDO NOT TRUST HUMAN RESOURCES. If you take nothing else away from the reviews on Glassdoor.com just remember that you cannot share any complaints and concerns with HR. As you are on your way back to your desk from a meeting that you thought was positive, the person you trusted is on the phone with your manager repeating your words verbatim. I know because I am a manager and whenever someone has a concern, my HR generalist shares everything with me. That is helpul because it allows me to change whatever needs to change and I don't hold it against my direct reports. It also tells me that I had better not share any concerns or my relationship with my manager is in jeopardy. The other big issue with HR is that managers don't decide who gets hired, promoted or fired. HR strongarms the managers into choices that aren't agreeable. When it's time to make cuts, the managers usually learn the night before who is being let go and cannot do anything about it. I've been with the company for a number of years and stay because I have learned a lot that will be helpful to me when I am ready to move on. The pay isn't great but the learning experience far outweighs what I could earn elsewhere. There is limited focus on employee development and the company seems to allocate limited resources to talent management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach employee should have a true employee development plan that follows them from the minute they start at Realogy. It should be tied to their performance reviews and referred back to throughout the year and not just during common review periods. It could also be used to prepare employees for opportunities that are frequently or anticipated to be available. Perhaps consider separating the HR team in RFG. It would be great for them to learn more about the other Realogy businsesses and would break up a clique that employees know about and feel threatened by but are powerless to do anything about.

Pretty OK

Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company tries to do good things for it's employees. Promotes… Cons: Too much work, not enough help. Vacation policy is terrible. Advice to Senior Management: Be accountable for poor managers. Slow down, do less, but do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was great place to work until the layoffs happend.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Realogy

Pros: My office environment was very professional and pretty easy going… Cons: Some of the management staff were way overpaid for doing nothing. There was a lot favortism towards some… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate should take a closer look at who you have in charge as managers and the managment staff should also be evaluated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Realogy.

Worked for Realogy? Contribute to the Community!