There are newer employer reviews for Realogy

Coldwell Banker owned by Realogy

Current Employee - Listing Coordinator in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Listing Coordinator in Irving, TX

I have been working at Realogy

Pros

Benefits for an hourly employee.

Cons

I worked for real estate companies for 10 years in Washington State making more money than I'm currently being paid by the #1 Coldwell Banker (the last 3 years in a row) office I work for. Within the last 24 hours I was given my review which consisted of a piece of paper that showed my 2.25% pay increase. The Branch Manager never addressed the required review form I spent 2 days working on. Management ignores issues that are brought to their attention, they are only concerned about "what the agents are talking about".

The 12.47/hour (by the way, the 0.47 is the raise I was given for an "Exceed Expectations" comment on the pay rate increase) I'm being paid isn't enough for me to jeapordize any relationship I've developed with 75 agents.

If you're looking for an hourly job, a Realogy company is not a good choice. Now I understand why some of our long-term agents are very disappointed with Coldwell Banker.

Management keeps implementing programs with deadlines to be met - pay your admins for the job they do and the abuse they take from real estate agents.

reviews filtered by
  1. I hope we don't go bankrupt.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy

Pros

It's a job in a time when jobs are hard to come by. Hopefully it will stay that way long enough for the rest of the job market to recover.

Cons

There is no 401k matching. Other benefits have slowly been whittled away over the last few years. Bonuses are a figment of your imagination unless you're a coveted sales manager or top level executive. Many realtors act like spoiled children and throw tantrums when they don't get their way. They're like regular sales people turned up to eleven.

Operate like it's one company rather than 20 small ones.

Richard Smith has run this company into the GROUND!

Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Realogy

Pros

Used to be a place where if you performed you made great money. If you didn't you did not stay long. Had years where you could make great money when you surpassed your goals.

Cons

Company lost its way. Focussed to much on its money losing company owned locations and squeezed the life out of its Franchise Operations. No wonder the franchisees don't have the tools to make it thru this downturn when 75 cents of every dollar they brought in in royalties became gross profit. In essence Richard Smith and his dominions have killed the proverbial Golden Goose.

Break yourself apart and sell yourself to ownership that actually care about their employees and franchisees.

There are newer employer reviews for Realogy