I don't care what other people say - I love it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've found it to be true in life that when you have something horrible to say about someone or something you blast it to everyone - your friends, the internet and your family. However, when people are pleased with something they might tell a few people here and there, but its rarely broadcasted. I have been working at this company for almost a year. I've just read these postings on this website and I honestly don't understand where these hate-filled, completely negative reviews are coming from!

My team here at Rearden is awesome. My coworkers are kind people and the managers are intelligent. People help each other and want one another to succeed. Sure, there has been some refocusing, but tell me a company that does not do that!

Oh and to the person who said our stock was diluted -- it wasn't. Be factual.

The bar is set very high here. Its a fast paced work environment and you are expected to learn and grow. Maybe some of these negative reviews are written by people that didn't like that type of culture, I don't know and honestly, its not my business.

I am enjoying my time here! From the HQ get togethers, the theme parties, to the people, I would definitely recommend this place.

Cons

They let you work from home after you have been ramped up.

Keep up the good work with transparency. It is appreciated and its very helpful!

Other Reviews for Rearden Commerce

Fighting a tidal wave with a shovel

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees who work at Rearden are well-meaning and honest people. If there is one thing I miss, it is the co-workers that were fighting the good fight side-by-side trying to change the trajectory of this failing and poorly managed company.

Additionally, there was never a dull moment here - someone was always getting fired or humiliated while I worked here. E.g. VP walked out by HR while a company meeting was going on.

Cons

While the cons of working of Rearden are too long to list here, I will focus on the major ones.

* The stock is absolutely worthless after this many funding rounds.
    Rearden has been around for nearly 12 years and has raised more than 7 rounds of financing. Each successive round dilutes the stock. Combine it with the acquisitions that Rearden has made and you get nearly a billion shares outstanding. Those who can do math will understand that there is no money to be made here regardless of how many shares they offer you. Especially when there are so many other competing opportunities in Silicon Valley.

* The management is like the dictatorship of a third-world country
    People get professionally 'executed' with alarming regularity. The CEO is like an untouchable sycophant who makes erratic decisions and reverses course frequently. For example, SMB was supposed to be the biggest thing since sliced bread before it went stale. Then it was loyalty, and before that it was Enterprise... you get the picture. No company can survive with this many pivots to its strategy.

* Rearden's business model and ideas are tired and old in 2012
    This was a cool company to work for half a decade ago but has now been exposed for what it really is - vaporware on powerpoint decks. The core application has aged ungracefully and has been eclipsed by several consumer and enterprise products in the market. No VC would invest in this idea if Rearden was starting out today - it is a commoditized marketplace. Even the absolutely largest gorilla of this marketplace (Concur) is only worth $3B in market cap. Even if Rearden were lucky enough to capture all of Concur's market share, it would never come close to making financial sense for employees joining now.

Specifically to the board: You cannot allow the current CEO to continue to run this company with his continued track record of failure. As officers of this company, you have failed to conduct your duty and should resign from your posts - even if it comes half a decade too late.

A difficult experience given organizational inefficiencies

Former Employee - Manager  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Startup-type environment. A number of people are very enthusiastic about working there. The salaries are market competitive. Engineers have the ability to play around with new technologies. Work-life balance is pretty good. Company meetings are effective at sharing information and spotlighting books/topics of interest.

Cons

Project management seems to have difficulty moving towards delivery goals effectively. Scoping of engineering effort often "best case" not realistic. Customer relationship management is poor. Company is spread too-thin across many initiatives. Business direction is questionable.

There are newer employer reviews for Rearden Commerce.

Worked for Rearden Commerce? Contribute to the Community!