great

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

love the poeple, love the growth

Cons

I dont really have any cons

Other Employee Reviews for Rearden Commerce

Winds of change

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay Generous vacation time and lots of holiday time, 3 weeks off paid vacation to start Good communication with direct management

Cons

Lots of upper management turn over, did not seem to hire from within for upper management positions Lay offs meant an over abundance of work for those remaining Lots of shifting in the company direction, turning away from successsul products and promoting the latest greatest "future" of the company. This makes for a feeling of instability.

A big mistake - I wish I had never heard of this place.

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay Great working colleagues Work from home

Cons

Management can't make up it's mind what direction to take the company. Training is non-existent. It's sink or swim for your life. High turn-over and a disturbing pattern of regular mass lay-offs about every 2 years. My biggest issue with Rearden is that I was hired and had great hopes of it being a fantastic new opportunity only to find that myself thrown into a position with virtually no training on how to do the job. My colleagues and manager did their best to help me learn on the job but we were all overwhelmed with the volume of customer issues and complaints coming in and the lack of support from an ever dwindling programming staff - as they were all abandoning ship and not being replaced quickly enough to handle the tide of work - and probably not getting the training they needed to be effective in their jobs either. Another issue I have with Rearden is that they build themselves to where they were when I was there on the promises and contracts made with customers...and then when the management decided they wanted to go in a different direction...they abandoned those customers by deciding that they were moving away from "customization" and that was followed by another round of layoffs of all the people who supported those customers. It was absolutely miserable to go to work every day and deal with the frustration of corporate customers whose issues weren't being addressed in a timely manner, if at all, because there was insufficient technical staff to handle them. And these corporate customers had customers of their own who were very unhappy...it was just a giant circle of frustration all created by the management of Rearden.

Advice to Management

QUIT - let someone who knows WTH they're doing take over the company before you run it into the ground.