Rearden Commerce

www.reardencommerce.com

Lots of sharp people, but a very political environment

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsRearden has a lot of very sharp people. The CEO is one of the best salesmen I have ever seen anywhere. He can literally sell anything to anyone at any time and make a buyer desperate to buy. The facilities are bright and open with new furnishings in a new building. Also, compensation is very reasonable.

ConsThis is one of the most political environments that I have ever worked in. Even though I was never worried about losing my job, a climate a fear pervades the company. People are routinely fired for having offended the wrong person. Long term success is more related to what the CEO thinks of you than what you actually produce. In the senior management ranks, the CEO pits people against each other leading to a lot of back-stabbing and deceitful behavior. This gets reflected down the chain-of-command as mid-level managers maneuver to move up. There are plenty of opportunities for promotion due to the high level of turnover in the senior management ranks. There is unfortunately a large number of managers who spend all of their time covering their own backsides and trying to look good at the expense of their reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough it's probably too late to change the culture, try hiring managers that care about their reports and producing top quality software. The company seems to constantly hire managers that are more interested in empire-building and sucking-up.

Lack vision and execution power

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Rearden Commerce

Pros: good place to get promoted faster and get the titles… Cons: Very difficult place to do anythign right. stay away… Advice to Senior Management: Kill the old regime if you want to change the culture and improve productivity.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Sucks. Stay away from this company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Rearden Commerce

Pros: If you don't have any other options, then you can… Cons: Employees are not treated with respect. No open communication. Lot of micro management. Nobody knows what they do. Everyone is clueless. You can forget about… Advice to Senior Management: Any advice .. doesn't help. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rearden Commerce.

Worked for Rearden Commerce? Contribute to the Community!