There are newer employer reviews for Rearden Commerce

Lots of sharp people, but a very political environment

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Rearden Commerce

Pros

Rearden has a lot of very sharp people. The CEO is one of the best salesmen I have ever seen anywhere. He can literally sell anything to anyone at any time and make a buyer desperate to buy. The facilities are bright and open with new furnishings in a new building. Also, compensation is very reasonable.

Cons

This is one of the most political environments that I have ever worked in. Even though I was never worried about losing my job, a climate a fear pervades the company. People are routinely fired for having offended the wrong person. Long term success is more related to what the CEO thinks of you than what you actually produce. In the senior management ranks, the CEO pits people against each other leading to a lot of back-stabbing and deceitful behavior. This gets reflected down the chain-of-command as mid-level managers maneuver to move up. There are plenty of opportunities for promotion due to the high level of turnover in the senior management ranks. There is unfortunately a large number of managers who spend all of their time covering their own backsides and trying to look good at the expense of their reports.

Although it's probably too late to change the culture, try hiring managers that care about their reports and producing top quality software. The company seems to constantly hire managers that are more interested in empire-building and sucking-up.

134 Other Employee Reviews for Rearden Commerce (View Most Recent)

Lack vision and execution power

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Rearden Commerce

Pros

good place to get promoted faster and get the titles for your next job

Cons

Very difficult place to do anythign right. stay away from this place if you can.

Kill the old regime if you want to change the culture and improve productivity. Get the liars out who pretends they are doign something good for the company.

Sucks. Stay away from this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Rearden Commerce

Pros

If you don't have any other options, then you can work here.

Cons

Employees are not treated with respect. No open communication. Lot of micro management. Nobody knows what they do. Everyone is clueless. You can forget about your personal life if you work here. Politics everywhere. People lie openly. No accountability. Well, my cons can go on and on and on. Well, you get it now.

Any advice .. doesn't help.

There are newer employer reviews for Rearden Commerce

Worked for Rearden Commerce? Contribute to the Community!