Rebekah Children's Services

www.rcskids.org
  www.rcskids.org
There are newer employer reviews for Rebekah Children's Services

Doing good in the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

They do have a good benifits package. They seem to realize that they may not be able to pay what is needed to live in the south bay, but they try to make up for it by time off, and other benifits. It is also rewarding knowing that even if you do not work with the clients directly, that your work impacts the community through the work you do to support the people that do work with the clients directly. If you have a passion to help children, then Rebekah Children's Service is the place you would want to work.

Cons

The cost of living and working for a non-profit.

They need to show they are united. There has been a lot of issues in the past, and I think it is hard for staff to trust.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Rebekah Children's Services (View Most Recent)

Current CEO Eric Emery

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at RCS are the people. The staff is amazing and hardworking. The work they do with children and families is remarkable, full of heart, great skills, & creativity

Cons

Eric Emery, the new CEO is totally incompetent. He does not work well with others, everything is kept a secret. He is in his office with the door closed 90% of the time. He split the leadership team that had been working well before he was hired. Eric does not like anyone to have an opinion of their own so he chose to work with the CFO and HR Director because they do not question anything he does or says to destroy the team. We want our families to have a "voice" but do not give the staff the same option. His resume is a total fraud - the recruiter did not vet him properly and that is causing a major breakdown for staff morale.

My advice to the Board of Directors is to replace Eric Emery ASAP before he brings the entire agency down. With a CEO that has more leadership skills we will be able to climb back up and be the incredible agency we have always been before he got here 8 months ago. I cannot recommend RCS to anyone until this CEO has been removed.

Great place to work, but lack of CEO leadership!!

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

It is a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference in people's lives. I love working with families and being able to help them out in any way possible. Everyone is friendly, you walk down the hall and every employee smiles and acknowledges you even if you don't know them. My work team is awesome and for that part I really enjoy working at Rebekah Children's services.

Cons

I have worked for non profit agencies in past, as far as my last work place the CEO would make himself present. He was awesome. He always communicated what was going on and any changes for the good or bad. He visited all of our locations very often and talked to every employee no matter what your job title was. The CEO for Rebekah's is most of the time in his office with the door closed and we never know when he is in. If he sees you walking down the hall he does not say hi or smile, well at least not to most of us unless you have an important job title. He is not communicative at all, we are lost and don't know where our agency stands. I do not see him involved or that he is making any good changes or progress for the agency. It is very sad to not see him take that leadership role that motivates everyone. It actually felt more motivating when we did not have a CEO and our CIO was taking over for a while, now he is an awesome person and really is the type of leader that Rebekah's needs.

Next time pick a better CEO!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Rebekah Children's Services