Rebekah Children's Services

There are newer employer reviews for Rebekah Children's Services

Nonprofit world

Former Employee - Therapist in Gilroy, CA
Former Employee - Therapist in Gilroy, CA

I worked at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to gather hours for the BBS if you are a social work or MFT intern. A variety of cases, diagnosis, and age groups.

Cons

Not enough support or organization, kind of chaotic which impacts treatment to clients.

Need to be more like EMQ in order to support staff and have a stable environment. Need more ethical standards and trainings.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Rebekah Children's Services (View Most Recent)

Doing good in the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

They do have a good benifits package. They seem to realize that they may not be able to pay what is needed to live in the south bay, but they try to make up for it by time off, and other benifits. It is also rewarding knowing that even if you do not work with the clients directly, that your work impacts the community through the work you do to support the people that do work with the clients directly. If you have a passion to help children, then Rebekah Children's Service is the place you would want to work.

Cons

The cost of living and working for a non-profit.

They need to show they are united. There has been a lot of issues in the past, and I think it is hard for staff to trust.

Current CEO Eric Emery

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at RCS are the people. The staff is amazing and hardworking. The work they do with children and families is remarkable, full of heart, great skills, & creativity

Cons

Eric Emery, the new CEO is totally incompetent. He does not work well with others, everything is kept a secret. He is in his office with the door closed 90% of the time. He split the leadership team that had been working well before he was hired. Eric does not like anyone to have an opinion of their own so he chose to work with the CFO and HR Director because they do not question anything he does or says to destroy the team. We want our families to have a "voice" but do not give the staff the same option. His resume is a total fraud - the recruiter did not vet him properly and that is causing a major breakdown for staff morale.

My advice to the Board of Directors is to replace Eric Emery ASAP before he brings the entire agency down. With a CEO that has more leadership skills we will be able to climb back up and be the incredible agency we have always been before he got here 8 months ago. I cannot recommend RCS to anyone until this CEO has been removed.

There are newer employer reviews for Rebekah Children's Services