There are newer employer reviews for RecycleBank LLC.

Great business model. Shame about the management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at RecycleBank LLC.

Pros

Great business model. Amazing combination of social impact and profit potential. Remarkable talent in a number of areas of the company.

Cons

When I was there, management had too few A-players, the company had too many strategic directions, and there were red flags in the revenue department. The management has changed a great deal since then (in fact, a long pattern of high turnover among senior staff was one of the signs of management challenges, in my eyes), which has hopefully addressed the issues... RecycleBank had so much talent, and such remarkable opportunity for impact and for profits, that I hope that what I saw was just growing pains.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

They will use you and get rid of you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RecycleBank LLC.

Pros

Probably one of the best benefits packages out there, though that it is it.

Cons

The management was spineless. This is harsh but they would never confront anyone about anything but they had no problems going behind your back. If it turns out you were not in the wrong, its too late the rest of the company thinks its you. They lied alot. They only care about there own success and are so afraid to look bad they will blame their subordinates just to avoid explaining their own errs. They underpay as they see people as expendable. If they pay well it is probably because you are good at kissing butt. Management has no idea what is going on down at the ground level but they will critique your work anyhow as a way of establishing power. the management refused to communicate with their staff unless backed into a corner. They dont like to have to discuss anything that can cause greivances so they avoid saying things untill they are in the situation where they have to tell. Then they lie and say they meant to say so earlier but didnt have time. I watched them harass one staff member as the company quadrupled his work and then still harassed him that he didnt do it as fast as it used to get done. They ended up hiring a few guys to split the work but when i asked him about it, he told me before he left that they never admitted they were wrong in criticizing him. Especially since he did it all in one day and the few guys hired couldnt do it without overtime. One guy didnt even work, he goofed around all day. Turns out this guy was actually promoted. After seeing this I was amazed there were no protections for such horrible managers. In Summary if you are incompitent you will be promoted. If you are a had worker, get ready to pick up the slack your bosses and lazy co workers

Advice to Management

Overhall. Get people who actually know what is going on and Nothing is more obnoxious than hearing bosses talk about stuff they have no idea about and then criticize their staff because they think the job is so easy or placing blame because they don't want to admit they were wrong themselves.

2. This should be a multi-billion dollar company.

I have been working at RecycleBank LLC.

Pros

there is so much promise - this company could actually change the world. the mission is strong great work/life balance - lots of opportunity to volunteer, stay healthy.

Cons

executive leadership is weak, at best. execution is poor, on a good day. internal corporate politics remind me of our government, not a startup lack of focus