Dead-end, and no raises. EVER.

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician  in  Tinton Falls, NJ
Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in Tinton Falls, NJ

I worked at Red Bank Veterinary Hospitl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free continuing education on a regular basis, lots of free food, pays for VTNE exam, scrub and sneaker allowance, and exposure to specialty areas of medicine. Doctors are great (and all very nice), and so is the level of medicine offered there.

Cons

Company has not given out any raises in over 5 years and salaries being offered to incoming employees are lower than what they were in the past. Very difficult to get cross-trained, switch departments, or change schedule. Management needs a lot of work. Also need to give more than six weeks ahead for time off. VERY departmentalized (you will ONLY use skills within the department for which you are applying), unlike a small practice where you do a little of everything. For example, if you are a dermatology tech, you will do nothing but load appts, make phonecalls, and assist with various allergy tests. Technicians in the General Practice area can expect to make a LOT more phonecalls than typically required at a tech job (usually teching is more geared towards nursing and technical skills). You will learn a lot about medicine, but will not learn any technical skills to use in your career. If you get bored easily, like to continually do something new, need a flexible schedule, or want opportunies to move up (or even move laterally), this job is not for you.

Open up possibilities for cross-training (to those who want it), or potentialy even provide workships. Anyone who enjoys being a vet tech (and doesn't want to be comfortable and lazy) will always be hungry for new skills. Give raises (you're lucky anyone's stayed after five years of no raises, it's unheard of).

Other Reviews for Red Bank Veterinary Hospitl

Don't look here for employment!!

Former Employee - Certified Veterinary Technician  in  Tinton Falls, NJ
    Former Employee - Certified Veterinary Technician in Tinton Falls, NJ

I worked at Red Bank Veterinary Hospitl full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Honestly can't think of any.

Cons

Difficult people to work with - big egos and very disrespectful to each other. More managers than workers. VERY understaffed. Management does not have a clue about what is needed. No raises plus we had to take a 10% pay cut that was supposed to be paid back but 4 years later was never paid back in full. We had to buy our own supplies - basics like laundry soap and cat litter. I personally went to supermarket where they had an account and it hadn't been paid in so long that I had to use my own money. But the head vet drives up in a new sports car and has the nerve to offer people rides in it in the parking lot. WTF!!! I worked there for 9 years and it was like doing time in prison.

Work a shift in place of an employee so that you would have an idea about what is needed. Staff the place properly and don't treat the people who are trying to help you improve conditions like they are the problem.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Bank Veterinary Hospitl.

Worked for Red Bank Veterinary Hospitl? Contribute to the Community!