Great Brand, Questionable Job

Former Employee - Student Brand Manager
Former Employee - Student Brand Manager

I worked at Red Bull part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Red Bull has one of the strongest brand identities and marketing strategies, bar none. If you're in marketing, you want this company on your resume. You'll also learn a lot.

-Fun events, an emphasis on creativity and breaking the usual rules

-Free Red Bull = awesome!

Cons

(Note that these cons are specific to being a student brand manager on a college campus)

-The rulebreaking spirit of Red Bull can also get its employees into trouble. They ask their reps to pull off questionable tasks that walk the line between legal and illegal. I almost got the cops called on me a few times for sneaking Red Bull branded stuff into places I shouldn't have.

- Support from HQ is limited. Small organizational structure, it's a 'do it yourself, don't screw up' attitude that not everyone enjoys.

- Limited room for advancement. Again, small hierarchy means you may get stuck in a grinding job without much of a pay bump to justify the hours. Student brand rep is a great flexible position, but past that, I'm not sure there are many.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the best work experiences of my career

Former Employee - General Counsel in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - General Counsel in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Red Bull full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic and innovative company that is great to its employees (especially in salary and benefits) and has a great culture. Always something new and exciting when working with Red Bull. They take care of their employees and create a great work atmosphere.

Cons

I was with one of the company's various sports teams, so not sure about working on the beverage side. Did not have any cons on the sports teams side, but I do hear some comments about working on the beverage side (transitions and lack of communication). However, I cannot personally speak to those issues.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. Be ready to give your best

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Red Bull full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Red Bull hirest the best and with that has an expectation of professionalism from all concerned. This can make for a very stimulating and high performance environment where folks of a similar mind-set thrive.

Cons

Unfortunately, I was part of a project that was discontinued after 5 years. Would be nice if Red Bull had more sharing between divisions to retain top talent. Each Business Unit (project) operates as a separate business entity and opportunities for transfer are not available.

Advice to Management

Use a more open Human Resources presence to move talented employees with good skills to other business units when the opportunity presents itself.