There are newer employer reviews for Red Frog Events

Learned a lot, though internship isn't for everybody

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Red Frog Events as an intern

Pros

Traveling was great, I loved the fact that I learned so much knowledge in a short period of time. Use your time to learn more not just party/ have fun. Frogs( full-timers) will give good info as long as you ask the right questions!

Cons

Not a great work-life balance, interns did majority of the work ( could be a good and bad thing though), did not have a good connection with any full-time Frogs unless they were new. I feel that was because they were so used to having interns shuffled in and out it made them reluctant to get close to us.

reviews filtered by

Very little structure and learning

Former Intern - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Red Frog Events as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I definitely had some fun times, from the office itself and having fun with the other tadpoles to the various events that I traveled to to the parties and field trip. It was a fun summer.

Cons

BUT, I didn't take an internship at a company in order to participate in a slightly grown up version of summer camp. That is what the internship felt like.
    The tadpoles are the real work force in this company, but the company itself takes very little time training them, teaching them, mentoring them, and making sure their jobs are being done. A large majority of the frogs don't do their job well, don't really know how to be a professional, so they *can't* really mentor or teach the tadpoles anything.
    It is a pretty sad state of affairs. Definitely a fun time, but absolutely terrible in terms of learning, professional development and taking anything concrete away from this internship. It was a waste of a summer.

There needs to be some kind of professional development classes or seminars for the frogs to attend. Most of them are swimming in the deep end, having very little experience or knowledge about their specific jobs. You are throwing money out of the window by putting these unprofessional, unskilled, and unknowledgeable people in charge of large aspects of your company. It's little wonder why many of your new events are complete failures.

Current Employee

I have been working at Red Frog Events (more than a year)

Pros

You get the opportunity to travel to different areas around the country. Benefits package is second to none.

Cons

Popularity seems to override ability in employee retention. Younger workforce, resulting in more attempts to "make a name" as opposed to true teamwork. Lots of "chiefs" with hands in the pot can make things difficult to accomplish.

Get more involved with the execution of your vision on a day-to-day basis by those entrusted with control.

Red Frog Events Response

Oct 8, 2013.

Thank you for sharing your input. It’s disheartening to hear you feel this way. In an effort to learn in greater detail about your comments, we strongly encourage you (and all employees) to talk ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Red Frog Events