There are newer employer reviews for Red Frog Events

A fun, up and coming company who takes "work hard, play hard" to heart.

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Red Frog Events as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people, the benefits, flexibility, autonomy- Red Frog really trusts their employees to get their work done in whatever style works best, and employees don't abuse that trust.

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep it up!

Red Frog Events Response

Mar 12, 2014Assistant Director of Tadpole Development

Thank you for your post. We’re glad you enjoyed your time at Red Frog and know your Red Frog Family is always here should you need anything!

We appreciate you taking the time to help us
... More

121 Other Employee Reviews for Red Frog Events (View Most Recent)

It was fun and sometimes it was really bad.

I worked at Red Frog Events

Pros

Pays well for interns, fun place to work, people are great and travel is exciting. The full time workers work just as hard as the interns do when they are onsite.

Cons

A lot of miscommunication through the entire office. You are told one thing and then they expect another -- it wasn't fun when you had to deal with customers.

Work on your feedback system -- you are too nice!

It's like they're running a reality show without cameras and it feels just as genuine as a season of the Kardashians.

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Red Frog Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool office. There are employees here who are genuinely innovative and hard working. Work hours are very reasonable even though working late is the norm. I'm astounded by the creativity of certain employees whom I think the company's success readily hinges on.

Cons

The place runs on a very exclusive group of cliques who parrot each other for ideas. While that can be common in any work place it is particularly disturbing here because it goes against the very fundamental core of what is preached to interns. There's a perceived openness that is only razor thin. I spent a lot of time witnessing real innovations that were proposed by my peers or upper management that were stifled or sidelined under a long and unnecessary chain of command.

The idea of teamwork is betrayed by an unspoken mood of competitiveness between tadpoles. I witnessed many tadpoles become unnecessarily mean to each other in increasingly back handed ways. It was disgusting to find out that many of the perpetrators of such high school-level gossip ended up landing jobs on mere popularity. RFE is missing out on some talented people in favor of the "easy" hire. Please understand that I am not referring to myself and I don't think I was the best of my class (I wasn't the worst, all my feedback was excellent), If anything, I saw a handful of incredibly capable people get tossed out the door because they didn't spend enough time playing the social game.

They claim they are looking for "innovative new employees" but they really are only looking for very like-minded individuals who they can hang out with. It's like a mother who wants to be friends with their daughter instead of a parent. It seems like the corporate environment now endorses brown nosing and groupthink-- the opposite of what probably made this company so successful. While I don't think this was intentional with their hires, I feel it became the norm over time from a series of decisions that were "from the gut" and who would be better friends in the office than legitimately better and capable workers.

While RF enjoyed a great head start in their market with recreational runs and have found a very successful transition with their music festival they run a serious risk of hurting their bottom line by stifling their need to innovate. They have more competitors now and their brand has become mixed with competition who have done a great job of catching up. I hope they find a way to recapture that fire in a bottle that made them so successful initially, but they can only do so by seriously reconsidering how they handle their current talent and how ideas shift through the company. Take a look at the reviews on this site; I don't think there's a coincidence that the earliest reviews are the best and consistently higher.

Furthermore, I hope somebody there is reading this and recognizes this is not an insult but a warning. There's a lot of reviews here that are bitter and mean spirited, but there's also a core problem they are touching on. There's great potential in this company and I feel it is getting squandered on nepotism. I hope they read this and spend more time addressing the issues listed above instead of trying to guess who typed this, why, or simply writing it off as the exception. I honestly don't think these perspectives are the exception, but ones that are held by a silent majority. I wish everyone there the best.

Red Frog Events Response

Mar 12, 2014Assistant Director of Tadpole Development

We appreciate you sharing candidly about your experience. We value your comments on innovation, teamwork and the event industry as a whole through your advice for the future.

We take all