There are newer employer reviews for Red Gate Software

Enjoyable work in a friendly, relaxed environment

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
Former Employee - Software Developer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Red Gate Software as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Relaxed environment with free lunches, plenty of social activities and frequent table football
-Interesting, challenging work
-Strong focus on good software development practices and clean code; frequent code reviews and pairing
-Plenty of benefits

Cons

-Small teams manage their development processes independently, so your experience may vary depending on your team
-Risk of being caught in nerf gun crossfire

15 Other Employee Reviews for Red Gate Software (View Most Recent)

Like a cult.

Former Employee - Software Sales  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Sales in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Red Gate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office space, some good people, the odd free day out here and there and free food... that pretty much sums the pros up. Upper management is friendly, approachable and accessible but work to crazy deadlines so getting to speak to them can be hard.

Cons

Long hours, inconsistent middle management who place themselves first and second... lower level employees take the back seat in some areas. Staff who simply don't fit into the clique are silently and effectively managed out... in the short term, my life was ruined by this company.

Keep a closer eye on middle managers, otherwise keep on doing what you do.

Best place I've ever worked at!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Red Gate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Basically, it's the people. Red Gate is full of smart, decent and generous people who are good at their jobs and a pleasure to work with. The usual gripes about offices ("Why is that useless so-and-so a manager?") just aren't here, and the company makes a massive effort to communicate well and involve everyone in what we're doing.

Cons

Erm, can't really think of anything - I have to fill 20 words minimum here but all I can think of is that it could be a bit greener. It took too long to get the recycling bins sorted out ;-)

Carry on

There are newer employer reviews for Red Gate Software

Worked for Red Gate Software? Contribute to the Community!