There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat

Almost as good as it gets!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Hat as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Team effort and the promotion of it.
Perks - free snacks, dinrks, breakfast
Freedom - No management breathing down your neck. No punching a clock. No babysitting.
Strong personalities
Ownership
Family Friendly

Cons

Strong personalities - I place this as both pro and con, because strong personalities can go either way:
Some are too confident to realize their mistakes.
Some are so confident they are in a position they don't seem to be qualified for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by

Fast paced, innovative & collaborative and employees have a good work/life balance in my view.

Current Employee - Branding Specialist [ I Just Left This Department of Unhappy Old Hags] in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Hat full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great technology, innovation, employees are encouraged to speak up. Red Hat has a dynamic global work force and hires the top talent no matter where they live in the world. Employees are not micro-managed and are empowered to utilize their skills and experience in their fields.

Cons

RedHat's corporate "branding" team thinks they run the company and members step out of their boundaries to monitor every social post or opinion of employees who blog, tweet or just have opinions they express on a social media platform. I'd bet someone in branding will read this review and attempt to stick their 2 to 4 cents in on my post.

Management might be too focused on wall street and keeping analysts happy at times;

Advice to Management

RedHat has been a huge growth company and is still growing at 20% per quarter and at some point it would be nice if management didn't make every decision based solely on the stock price and catering to the analysts on wall street.

Management should remind the branding team they are a 'support' division and are not the corporate police on employee views, opinions and thoughts. Management would be better off if Red Hat's branding team members would 'take a chill-pill' or to be honest, "go pound sand".

2. Red Hat Intern Experience at Raleigh

Current Intern - Quality Assurance Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Intern - Quality Assurance Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Hat as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Really nice place to work if you are looking to be a part of cutting edge technology. You get a lot of exposure as it is small company. Not to mention the small company perks and benefits

Cons

I don't seem to have experienced any. I was a wonderful experience when I was there and hope I could return to the company someday

There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat