Red Hat
www.redhat.com Raleigh, NC 5000+ Employees

Challenging and Encouraging of Growth

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Remote, OR

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's awesome to work with everyone around you engrossed in building a better software company. Management is pretty transparent, and decisions are made fairly quickly.

ConsIf you work remotely, things lik the FMLA do not apply to you in some cases. This is a Con for any company, though.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore accountability and a bit better compensation would go a long way to not only retaining key employees, but acquiring new ones.

The best company EVER!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Interesting technology, autonomy, small company feel with big company perks, working with some of… Cons: Would be nice if travel was planned for more in advance.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep killin' it! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Associate Consultant

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for less than a year

Pros: A great environment for improvement. They value people who have a steep learning curve, and people that they see… Cons: Not really any cons. I love it here, the people are great and we have a lot… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Red Hat.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Hat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst. All reviews posted anonymously by Red Hat employees.