High performance culture

Current Employee - Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Transparent work environment; very talented and hard working workforce; strong culture; employees care about company success; approachable leadership team; minimal politics

Cons

Long work week; pay only average to slightly below average; all areas are not open to workplace flexibility

Keep the culture intact as the company continues to grow; watch the salary issue - don't want to lose good talent; adopt broader workplace flexibility

Other Reviews for Red Hat

Awesome place to work if you are passionate about anything related

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome place to work for

Cons

Being open source, things are not as streamlined as proprietary companies. That's both a challenge and an opportunity

Keep up the good work

Flexible work, good work, good people.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Manchester, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Manchester, MI

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

RH has the right attitude about remote employees -- and it works very well for us. Maybe you've heard anti-remote ideas lately from other companies. They are living in the past.

RH is the corporate face of open source. It's pretty easy for me to believe that what we're doing here actually matters.

The people I've met here ( in 5 years ) are smart, easy to get along with, and a pleasure to work with.

I realize this sounds a little like I'm seriously drinking the KoolAid. Well -- okay. I've had a lot of jobs in the last 20 years, and this is the first place I've really liked.

Cons

Being remote can get a little isolating -- a weird combination of always being in touch with everybody, and never seeing anybody.

The idea that makes Open Source work is that the intelligence to make world-beating products is out there in the tech grass roots, and management's job is to gather it, channel it but also go where it leads, and purify it for enterprise-level use. Please keep believing in this model, no matter how much success you have with it. :-) ( So far, so good. )

There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!