Red Hat
www.redhat.com Raleigh, NC 5000+ Employees

Great company, great co-workers

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsPeople are excited about the work they're doing. Lots of freedom to do the right thing. Open source mentality cuts out a lot (but not all) of the bureaucratic nonsense. The office and work environment are nice, modern and a lot of fun.

ConsLots of systems to work with, and not all of them are well-integrated, leading to patchwork business processes, questions about ownership, and some duplicated effort between teams.

Great Workplace, Awesome people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Hat as an intern

Pros: Everyone around is motivating and talented. The company is very… Cons: The work isn't challenging enough. Advice to Senior Management: -- Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company that really understands how to use technology in the modern workplace

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There is no salary cap that forces a jump from engineering to management. Management makes effective use of communications (email, chat, phone, video-conference) to ensure… Cons: Still see a reluctance to hire US engineers, probably due to salary/benefits issues.… Advice to Senior Management: Might want to make an effort to get remotees to some of the big Linux/JBoss conferences, just to have them meet other team members or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Red Hat.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Hat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst. All reviews posted anonymously by Red Hat employees.