Red Hat

www.redhat.com

Excellent Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsRed Hat is still a growing company. Though not in full start up mode any longer, it still maintains the sense of entrepreneurial-ship prevalent at most startups. However, it also has enough process in place to prevent total chaos.

ConsThe same reason that makes it a pro can also make it a con. As a company grows, the ecosystem has to adjust to change, and many times those changes can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementRely on the expertise that you have hired from the industry and lean on it to make the important and critical decision to keep the company growing and moving forward.

The place to be IF you don't like spending time at home.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Westford, MA

I worked at Red Hat

Pros: Great opportunities for learning, good benefits, great people! Cons: It's easy to get lost in a place like RedHat. If you're a consultants you are expected to be 'on the road' nearly 100% of… Advice to Senior Management: Consultants are people too, with homes and families; understand the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great colleagues, Crappy HR

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Hat

Pros: Interesting work Smart, dedicated colleagues Solid products Cons: HR does not advocate for people--terrible benefits Politics over accomplishment in promotions Focused on… Advice to Senior Management: Get someone new to head up HR No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Red Hat.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!