Red Hat

www.redhat.com

Outstanding products and brilliant coworkers

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsTruly lives up to the term "collaboration" and breathes the open source principles in day-to-day operations. Some truly brilliant coworkers who are passionate about what they do. The learning curve is very steep, but the environment is supportive and tech support engineers gain experience very quickly. Train every TSE for RHCE and require they attain it to maintain their position. Continue to develop internal and external tools to streamline workflow and make the organization more efficient.

ConsThe compensation is far from competitive. This aids in attracting those who are passionate about the technology and open source culture; however, it is difficult to raise a family and pay debts on the poor pay. Also causes a constant churn of the most skilled engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the pay more competitive. You don't have to lead the pack, but reduce the gap.

Great place to work with some growing pains

Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Bright (very bright) people, Open Source, Community involvement Cons: Lots of talk about a culture that I for one really haven't seen or it has simply evolved over the last several years that I've… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring to solve problems and actually address the problems. Process improvement, automation, and better on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great!

Enginerring Intern (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

I worked at Red Hat as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Open source way of doing things. Great work culture Cons: Project specific , you need to land in a good… More
There are newer reviews on Red Hat.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!