Red Hat

www.redhat.com
  www.redhat.com
There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat

Red Hat is a great place to work at a great time in it's life, but not without putting in much hard work.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Red Hat

Pros

A great business model, many talented people, much opportunity, interesting technology, exposure to high-level leadership both internally and with your customers, opportunities to work within high-impact projects at Fortune 500 companies. There are almost too many good things to tackle at once at Red Hat and it can result in growing pains at times, but the culture is generally one that succeeds when it is all said and done.

Cons

There are many times where you find yourself lacking resources, dealing with immature or disorganized processes, and often just plain tired from sinking much time and energy. But there is nobody standing in your way preventing you from coming up with a solution to the problem and making your mark in this relatively small company with a big brand.

The recent success is a testament to many years of solid management and you've done a great job managing to the street. But the consequence of piling up that cash as you worry about margins is a lack of investment in areas that need it - penny wise and pound foolish as we continue the coopetition with some heavy-weight players.

334 Other Employee Reviews for Red Hat (View Most Recent)

Overall, it is a very good place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I have been working at Red Hat

Pros

Laid back office environment
    Friendly stuff
    Easy commute
    Huge potential

Cons

Above average salary
    No stock options

I am pretty impressed by my manager at Red Hat, keep it up!

Makes Work FUn

I have been working at Red Hat

Pros

Part of growing, successful company
    Clean, important work
    Healthy work environment working with mostly smart, driven people who all want to make Red Hat succeed.
    Open Source just feels good.

Cons

Fast growing company who tends to keep employees who cannot make the adjustment from small to large. Some employees confuse open source with charity and do not understand the necessity of profit making. Everyone seems out to get us, I get paranoid at times.

Stop the platitudes about open source and community and start being more direct with imperatives.
    Realize that nice, wonderful, loyal people who have been around a long time don't automatically have the skills necessary for the current environment. Some leaders do, some dont.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat