Red Hat

www.redhat.com

Red Hat is a great place to work at a great time in it's life, but not without putting in much hard work.

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)

ProsA great business model, many talented people, much opportunity, interesting technology, exposure to high-level leadership both internally and with your customers, opportunities to work within high-impact projects at Fortune 500 companies. There are almost too many good things to tackle at once at Red Hat and it can result in growing pains at times, but the culture is generally one that succeeds when it is all said and done.

ConsThere are many times where you find yourself lacking resources, dealing with immature or disorganized processes, and often just plain tired from sinking much time and energy. But there is nobody standing in your way preventing you from coming up with a solution to the problem and making your mark in this relatively small company with a big brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent success is a testament to many years of solid management and you've done a great job managing to the street. But the consequence of piling up that cash as you worry about margins is a lack of investment in areas that need it - penny wise and pound foolish as we continue the coopetition with some heavy-weight players.

Overall, it is a very good place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

I have been working at Red Hat

Pros: Laid back office environment Friendly stuff Easy commute Huge potential Cons: Above average salary No stock options Advice to Senior Management: I am pretty impressed by my manager at Red Hat,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Makes Work FUn

I have been working at Red Hat

Pros: Part of growing, successful company Clean, important work Healthy work environment working with mostly smart,… Cons: Fast growing company who tends to keep employees who cannot make the adjustment from small to large. Some employees confuse open source… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the platitudes about open source and community and start being more direct with imperatives. Realize that nice, wonderful, loyal people who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Red Hat.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!