Red Lion Hotels

www.redlion.com
  www.redlion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Red Lion Hotels

Wonderful company culture and great place to learn about the hotel industry!

I have been working at Red Lion Hotels part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is so helpful and welcoming, and they are all extremely passionate about the company. No ones seems upset to have to go to work everyday and everyone is treated very well.

Cons

They have some wonderful locations, but it is a smaller chain which is harder to choose bigger cities to relocate too. But being a smaller chain is good in a lot of ways too.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Red Lion Hotels (View Most Recent)

Was Excited for the Job Until I Started And Saw More of the Department

I worked at Red Lion Hotels

Pros

Discounts at other Red Lion Hotels, which I didn't get to use but it was a good deal- promotes from within

Cons

Felt like I was taken advantage of- expected to work 50 hours each week even when I didn't have enough work to fill up the time- worked shifts for events that nobody else would work- constantly changing schedule- not proper training- thrown into event planning without enough training- got blamed for everything even if it was not my fault- office was ALWAYS too hot or too cold- no vacation until 1 year of work- cliques throughout staff- rude coworkers- gossip

Don't let middle management take advantage of the entry level positions-

It is a straight forward job that is easy enough and simple.

I have been working at Red Lion Hotels

Pros

Red Lion on the River Jantzen Beach provides free food in the employee cafeteria. Sandwiches and salads are available everyday, and hot prepared food is sometimes provided. This is a benefit, because it will save employees money and time which will really add up. If you estimate that you spend $5 a day on lunch (give or take), you will save around $25/week or around $1,250/year plus the time it would take you to either pack a lunch or go and purchase one.
    Most of the employees are pleasant and easy enough to get along with.

Cons

They start you out at minimum wage and getting raises or promotions are few and far between in my opinion, although I have only been working there for about two weeks as of now. The way they do things could be more efficient.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lion Hotels