Red Lion Hotels
www.redlion.com Spokane, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It is definitely an experince to help me grow.

Spokane, WA

ProsThe insurance, vacation pay, sick pay and other types of benefits when emergencies arise. It makes it feel like the company cares about you or at least there to help when needed.

ConsDepending what department you work in, you either get a friendly smile or a judgemental stare. It makes working in the building very uncomfortable. A lot of the judgements are due to pass employees or a biased judgement toward the department as a whole because of the positions held. My department is usually the last to know about events going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore positive things need to be said. It helps encourage growth and better attitudes. But also, being able to talk about some of the negative things and being able to explain why it may have happened that way. Not letting things go on for so long that have a very negative impact on the department which causes profit loss.

Great coworkers, good company, terrible managers

Front Desk (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Lion Hotels full-time

Pros: The employee rate at other Red Lions is wonderful. Most of the coworkers are really great people. Its really easy to sell the rooms because… Cons: The manager expects his managers to do their jobs properly and there isn't a lot of follow up, so the worst managers have no one… Advice to Senior Management: Check up on your managers. And surprise inspections are a good thing. And maybe make sure the managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Front Office Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Lion Hotels

Pros: The company has a reasonable footprint in the Northwest and… Cons: The executive leadership is completely unaware of how to make the company run and is unwilling to see reason. They will not prioritize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Red Lion Hotels.

Worked for Red Lion Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lion Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Lion Hotels CEO Jon E. Eliassen. All reviews posted anonymously by Red Lion Hotels employees.