There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster

Don't Be prepared to do the job you are hired for

Current Employee - Line Cook in Beaumont, TX
Current Employee - Line Cook in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Red Lobster

Pros

Able to get time off when needed, they can work around your schedule

Cons

Number one con. They DO NOT give breaks What so ever. our shifts range from 5 hours to 13 and the only breaks you get is to go to the bathroom. Also Do not think just because your hired for 1 job you wont be doing some one Else's for the week. that is there number 1 thing Cross Training so they can have you work your job and someone Else's job so they do not have to have 2 people on the clock. Also If you Are working as a Fri-cook , or Pm- Baker or Pm-prep be prepaired to close do not base our hours off of your schedule because you get off when they 'Management' wants you to not when your suppose to

Give each employee 1 job title and have them work it instead of Getting waiters to bake bakers to fry and fryers to grill. because no one truely knows the position and is barely getting by each day

535 Other Employee Reviews for Red Lobster (View Most Recent)

I Love their food

Current Employee - Red Lobster in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Red Lobster in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Red Lobster

Pros

Because I love to make ppl happy

Cons

The long hours and standing on feet long periods of time

N.a

Never Again

Former Employee - Hostess in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Red Lobster

Pros

Pay was decent and above min wage, good discounts at Red Lobster and its sister companies (Olive Garden, Longhorn,ect), free cheese biscuits were okay for the first month of being there.

Cons

Management could NOT communicate to save their lives, it was a negative atmosphere to begin with and the management was just as immature as the other employees. Management tended to leave the hosts up a creek. We didn't have staff trainings like the servers did.

COMMUNICATE. If one manager tells me to come in a noon instead of eleven then another manager shouldn't be calling me at a quarter till asking me where I am. Also, give breaks and raises on time.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster