Time Well Served... In a prison way

Former Employee - Server  in  Independence, MO
Former Employee - Server in Independence, MO

I worked at Red Lobster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a well known company so it is always busy. If you can kiss butt, you can go far. The restaurants are always cleaned to a T.

Cons

You are but a pawn in the company, very replaceable. Managers always say one thing and do another.

Value your good employees (which you don't) and get rid of the cancerous ones who bring others down.

Other Reviews for Red Lobster

Pretty good I'd say. Not so much for a career, though.

Former Employee - Server/Bartender  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Red Lobster part-time for more than a year

Pros

Half-off food, decent pay (through tips, though), very supportive chain of command if you need help or have a problem. Overall I liked it and can't really complain. They do seem to like to hire from within as well which makes advancement a real possibility. Be prepared to work your butt off though!

Cons

No breaks, very fast paced with little breathing room, management can get down your throat for reasons out of everybody's control. It's not easy being a server/bartende with all the corporate quotas and "standards" (which were often out of touch with reality).

Take it easy on some of the quotas and standards. Most managers understand that sometimes you cant get your customers to fill out the reviews, but if they don't, give it a rest.

I havent had the best experience working at a Red Lobster in Milwaukee, Wi.

Former Employee - Host  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Host in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Red Lobster as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits even as a part time employee.

Cons

Training is not the best. They treat you like you are in a caste system if you are new. Filthy & stinky kkitchens. They expected me to stand with the door wide open for 4+ hours straight as a host. The only thing good about that is that guests would feel sorry for me & give me a tip. As it gets very cramped during busy evening times

Uniforms should be revised during summer months. Its gets very hot & guests dont want to see a lot of sweat.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!