Red Lobster
www.redlobster.com 5000+ Employees

Okay overall, erratic hours.

Hostess (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Red Lobster part-time for less than a year

ProsWeekly pay was definitely a plus, and I started out almost $2 above minimum wage, hourly. Some of the regulars were really nice and made a point to tell the managers nice things about you. Free biscuits, discounted food. They were willing to work around my school schedule as well.

ConsManagers were typically never on the same page. Rude customers whining about wait times, which were sometimes unexpectedly long especially with the endless shrimp promotion. A lot of the other hosts were in high school, with that comes a lot of unnecessary drama and rumors started about you. My hours fluctuated too often for my liking. One week I'd work just under 40 hours, the next week I'd only have 8 hours.

Thought pay was great until hours were cut and passive aggressive managers

Hostess (Former Employee)
Pineville, NC

I worked at Red Lobster part-time for less than a year

Pros: Paid $9 per hour which is a big step up from… Cons: Horrible hours, worked only 2 or 3 days out of the week for like 2 or 3 hours at a time so… Advice to Senior Management: Choose your restaurant mangers wisely, take your employees into more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There was no opportunity to advance from the Busser/Host position

Host (Former Employee)
Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Red Lobster part-time for more than a year

Pros: The Tips are the only plus. Cons: No Opportunity to Advance at all. Advice to Senior Management: Look inside for Server positions before hiring outside. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Red Lobster.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Lobster CEO Kim Lopdrup . All reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees.