There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster

Darden doesn't care about it's employees!

Former Employee - Server
Former Employee - Server

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The particular restaurant I worked at was always very busy, so I made more money here than I ever have at any place before.

Cons

I feel like Darden doesn't care about it's employees. My managers played favorites and treated the majority of us like crap. Dozens of us sent letters and emails complaining and heard nothing in return. You will be treated like just another replaceable employee.

Actually respond to letters from people that work for your company!

reviews filtered by
  1. Okay overall, erratic hours.

Former Employee - Hostess in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Red Lobster part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay was definitely a plus, and I started out almost $2 above minimum wage, hourly. Some of the regulars were really nice and made a point to tell the managers nice things about you. Free biscuits, discounted food. They were willing to work around my school schedule as well.

Cons

Managers were typically never on the same page. Rude customers whining about wait times, which were sometimes unexpectedly long especially with the endless shrimp promotion. A lot of the other hosts were in high school, with that comes a lot of unnecessary drama and rumors started about you. My hours fluctuated too often for my liking. One week I'd work just under 40 hours, the next week I'd only have 8 hours.

2. Thought pay was great until hours were cut and passive aggressive managers

Former Employee - Hostess in Pineville, NC
    Former Employee - Hostess in Pineville, NC

I worked at Red Lobster part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paid $9 per hour which is a big step up from minimum wage which is 7.25 and we got paid every week

Cons

Horrible hours, worked only 2 or 3 days out of the week for like 2 or 3 hours at a time so the $9 an hour didn't seem like much, customers are extremely rude and mangers are very passive aggressive and managers picked favorites

Choose your restaurant mangers wisely, take your employees into more consideration

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster