Red Lobster

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster

Host/Seater

Former Employee - Host/Seater in Citrus Heights, CA
Former Employee - Host/Seater in Citrus Heights, CA

I worked at Red Lobster part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was an easy job.

Cons

It was extremely boring when the restaurant is slow. The manager expects you to just stand in one place and be a door opener. Also, the shifts can be really short. They may schedule you for a 5 hour shift, but if it's slow you may only work 3 hours.

The managers were very unorganized. They need to stop micromanaging everything and worry about their own jobs. Sometimes schedules wouldn't be available until the day before the work week started.

579 Other Employee Reviews for Red Lobster (View Most Recent)

once a great company but is slowly blending in with the rest

Current Employee - Server in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Current Employee - Server in Mount Pleasant, MI

I have been working at Red Lobster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good health/vision/dental coverage to part time employees from day one, paid vacation after 1 year at 30 hours/week average, good company benefits (including 401k package), overall a friendly company and wants to do best for its employees

Cons

seems to be sliding towards the cheaper end of the restaurant (excessive coupons, lowering prices, policies making it harder for servers and employees to make a decent wage). Any position other than serving will result in poor wages for the amount of work involved. like any restaurant, there is a lot to be desired with some of the management styles. i can see this company going sharply downhill in the next 10 years due to business practices. you will be working when most people are going out and having fun

too many political games and favoritism going on to produce a truly great team, more respect towards all workers would further everyone's goals

Darden doesn't care about it's employees!

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The particular restaurant I worked at was always very busy, so I made more money here than I ever have at any place before.

Cons

I feel like Darden doesn't care about it's employees. My managers played favorites and treated the majority of us like crap. Dozens of us sent letters and emails complaining and heard nothing in return. You will be treated like just another replaceable employee.

Actually respond to letters from people that work for your company!

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster