Red Lobster

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster

Fun Company to work for

Former Employee - Line Cook in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Line Cook in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Red Lobster part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have good systems in place for training. The Employees were fun to work with. Good working conditions. I learned how to cook many delicious tasting food items.

Cons

Not very good benifits. Not enough hours. When it got busy, it got very stressfull, and may times we would be under staffed.

Schedule more people for the busy hours. Try to be a bit more friendly tward your employees.

640 Other Employee Reviews for Red Lobster (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Server in Palm Desert, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Palm Desert, CA

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to meet a lot of really cool people.

Cons

Upper management would micro manage their store managers. Most were not very qualified to run a restaurant and it seemed there was no coaching for them. It was all about the numbers and doing whatever it took to make sure the guest had nothing negative to say, even if it meant buying their entire check for the slightest complaint. And there were many complaints! Food was disgusting. They bragged about how they could cook a live lobster in less than 7 minutes with all of their microwaves,but the food still took 45 minutes for a complete order. Poorly run restaurant.

I would look a little harder at your hiring/promoting practices for who you select to run your restaurants. Get the microwaves out of the kitchen and get to cooking.

Tiresome

Current Employee - Staffing and Training Manager in Matthews, NC
    Current Employee - Staffing and Training Manager in Matthews, NC

I have been working at Red Lobster full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working long hours and weekends, then this would really be a great opportunity for you. Red Lobster is an excellent company when it comes to taking care of its people and there is optimal amount of opportunity for growth and advancement if it is what you desire.

Cons

If you enjoy working a 40 hour work week, this job is not for you. You will work minimum 50 hours a week. I do not enjoy the fact that my job entails being a glorified babysitter.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Lobster