Red Lobster

www.redlobster.com

Good Pay for Part Time Work.

Server (Former Employee) Pottstown, PA

ProsI took this job in between college and entering the laboratory profession. If necessary I would have stayed here, I have worked at much worse places for less pay. Pros - Left with cash in hand at the end of every shift; per hour wages were very high with tips; very flexible hours; could usually find someone willing to scoop up a last minute shift if something came up; personally, my coworkers were all great; training was very thorough; 50% discount for a meal ordered at the beginning/end of your shift; 25% off meal for up to 8 people at any Darden restaurant.

ConsWait staff had to clean the kitchen at the end of the night; no breaks (but that's the restaurant industry in general); probably not going to ever hit 40 hours/week therefore no insurance benefits; store manager was a complete jerk (but he was the only one!).

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the 3 assistant managers - thank you for having realistic expectations. To the main store manager who is no longer there, but wherever you are, don't tell your wait staff to skimp on lettuce in the salad - people don't overpay for undersized seafood to get thin pathetic salads that you can see through to the plate. Also realize that once in a while people will get sick (and in PA you are not allowed to work in a food establishment if you are sick).

Management made the job

Server (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Red Lobster part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The management team at this particular red lobster created a… Cons: - three table sections do not always work out in your favor. Yes, it helps give better service… Advice to Senior Management: The management team at RL433 is an asset to your company. I have worked at other restaurants, including another… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its a corporate job where you get out of it what you put into it.

Server/Bartender (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Red Lobster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Same rules and standards for all employees, from management… Cons: Not a place where you can express individualism Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Red Lobster.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!