There are newer employer reviews for Red Mango

Shift Supervisor

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Red Mango part-time for less than a year

Pros

• Great management
• Clean and fun work environment
• Friendly and supportive staff

Cons

• Hours are cut back in the slow season
• Good High School, Summer, or side job

40 Other Employee Reviews for Red Mango (View Most Recent)

Barely tolerable

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Red Mango part-time for less than a year

Pros

The free yogurt is nice-- at my store, we were allowed one regular size with up to 4 toppings per shift, plus samples. For the most part, my coworkers were all very nice, and the supervisors were fairly laid back. And even though the tips aren't much, it's nice to go home with a little extra money.

Cons

It's a minimum wage job with a lot of stress. Depending on when you work, things can be either mind-numbingly slow or super hectic. My store had outdated technology that made transactions complicated, slowing things down and causing problems with customers. There are all kinds of gross things that need to get done (you're working in food service, after all), and the work is extremely monotonous. The manager was rarely at the store, which caused a variety of problems. Whatever system is used for scheduling is messed up, because I was consistently scheduled for times when I had told the manager I was unavailable. We also ordered way too much fruit, and so a lot of it would have to be thrown away, which bothered me.

I wish someone higher up in the company had been keeping in touch with our manager. The store has a lot of problems, and it just seemed like none of them were ever going to be solved. Specifically, I would love to see the company implement a composting system. I'm not sure if other locations throw away as much fruit as ours does, but it would be a great way to deal with the waste in a responsible way.

Manager of franchise store, good experience

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Red Mango full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managing my store was a great experience, I had friendly coworkers and the owner of this particular store was very hands on, which in my case was a good thing.

Cons

Being manager was the highest position you could get, used this as a stepping stone to bigger opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for Red Mango

Worked for Red Mango? Contribute to the Community!