There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

A fun place to work, when the management team is right

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Hostess in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Red Robin part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You make decent tips and the other team members are usually fun to work with.

Cons

Schedule is always changing
Team is always changing

359 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Plays favorites, mostly miserable job, great money.

Former Employee - Server  in  Chambersburg, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Chambersburg, PA

I worked at Red Robin full-time for less than a year

Pros

MONEY
    Co-workers
    35% discount on food.
    (CDTs get a lot of good benefits)

Cons

Management = horrible, played favoritesALOT
    Worked 5 double shifts in a row. Sometimes didn't get breaks on 10-12+ hour days

Tried having hours cut, never happened. Ended up having back issue because of long hours.
    Don't stay in office solong!

Worst Experience I Have EVER Had...

Former Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Red Robin as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I think the company outside of the Training and Development arena is probably a great place to work.

Cons

My experience is with the Learning & Development portion of the business. Let me bullet my experience with these folks.

- Management by intimidation
    - Instructionals Designers (ALL 3) at wits end, worked to bone, unhappy with the culture and their current job, in tears 50% of the time, and unappreciated
    - Litte or no direction given for completing requested tasks, especially for a new person coming in to a 6 month long development project
    - No feedback on performance
    - No set expectations up front
    - Reactionary environment instead of proactive environment; everything is a fire to put out, and a bandaid put on it - no long term plans in place
    - Everything being created is idealized from one person's past employment and experience AND created based on THEIR preference - NOT sound instructional design methods
    - I personally was treated like an outsider; no effort to integrate me into the department, culture, or overall company

In short, I have been working in the Instructional Design field for over 15 years, always received bonuses, raises, and promotions based on my performance. I am good at what I do and have a great attitude and will do anything I am asked to do, without questioning the motives behind it. But what I did for this company was picked apart, unappreciated, and I was disrespected.

I was humiliated in front of the other Instructional Designers and training employees by the leaders of this Learning & Development organization in a very public display of disrespect. UNACCEPTABLE.

Expecting perfection from someone who comes into your organization without setting expectations and providing direction up front is setting them up for failure. I am sure you knew that. There is not one method of instructional design, it comes in many forms. YOUR PREFERENCE should have been communicated UP FRONT and direction should have been provided UP FRONT. That's how you set someone up for success.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!