Red Robin

www.redrobin.com
  www.redrobin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Good company with average management

Former Employee - Server in Maumee, OH
Former Employee - Server in Maumee, OH

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The food was very good

Cons

The management could use a little work

402 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tips were (usually) good. The restaurant was in a bad area and had a lot of entitled customers who would sacrifice anything to get their meal for free, so tips varied pretty frequently.

Cons

...everything else. The management (and most of the FOH staff) is awful. The staff are miserable and have zero ambitions or interests outside of talking about each other and the customers. Very, VERY cliquish. If you're not good friends with the right people, it reflects on everything - especially your schedule, even if the schedule is supposed to be "performance based". Some of the managers were some of the most disgusting people I'd ever met, making lewd comments to and about female servers, and with a pompous do-what-I-say-or-else attitude. Between the cliques and "performance-based" schedule (doesn't work when the restaurant is situated in a poor area! Your customers aren't ordering anything more, no matter how much you push.), full-time is impossible. Scheduling is also supposed to be flexible, but managers sometimes just ignored requested days off or scheduled employees explicitly when they said they could not work - and then punished employees for not finding someone to cover their shift! All in all, a bad place to work.

Either monitor the performance based scheduling like you're supposed to or get rid of it.

Epitome of a love/hate relationship

Former Employee - Server/Expo in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server/Expo in Austin, TX

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Red Robin is fantastic. When I was working there I felt like I was part of a family. The managers seemed to take a genuine interest in their employee's well-being inside and outside of work and the employees were (mostly) easy to get a long with and (most of the time) had a good sense of team work and unity. Overall this was a good job while still in college.

Cons

However, with the "family" feeling there was also the inevitable downside. Like most restaurants there was clearly favoritism, and a lot of employees didn't get the respect they deserved even though they worked harder than a lot of other members. This isn't a problem exclusive to Red Robin, and though most of the time I was on the side that received a lot of advantages, I felt like punishments were given out that didn't warrant the crime. The management also liked to promise a lot of things that they never followed up on, and with the constant change of management, employees didn't know what to expect month to month.

Follow up on your promises and lead by example.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin