Red Robin

Horrible experience

Server (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time for less than a year

ProsTips were (usually) good. The restaurant was in a bad area and had a lot of entitled customers who would sacrifice anything to get their meal for free, so tips varied pretty frequently.

Cons...everything else. The management (and most of the FOH staff) is awful. The staff are miserable and have zero ambitions or interests outside of talking about each other and the customers. Very, VERY cliquish. If you're not good friends with the right people, it reflects on everything - especially your schedule, even if the schedule is supposed to be "performance based". Some of the managers were some of the most disgusting people I'd ever met, making lewd comments to and about female servers, and with a pompous do-what-I-say-or-else attitude. Between the cliques and "performance-based" schedule (doesn't work when the restaurant is situated in a poor area! Your customers aren't ordering anything more, no matter how much you push.), full-time is impossible. Scheduling is also supposed to be flexible, but managers sometimes just ignored requested days off or scheduled employees explicitly when they said they could not work - and then punished employees for not finding someone to cover their shift! All in all, a bad place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither monitor the performance based scheduling like you're supposed to or get rid of it.

Good company with average management

Server (Former Employee)
Maumee, OH

I worked at Red Robin part-time for less than a year

Pros: The food was very good Cons: The management could use a little work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This is a fun place to work at.

CDT (Former Employee)
Issaquah, WA

I worked at Red Robin part-time for more than a year

Pros: The co-workers are great and the environment is very fun. Cons: The workload can be overwhelming at times. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Red Robin.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Robin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Robin CEO Stephen E. (Steve) Carley. All reviews posted anonymously by Red Robin employees.