Red Robin

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Strict Heirarchy Impedes Growth

Former Employee - Host in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Host in Seattle, WA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Red Robin seems to be a relatively "low-barrier" employer (no drug tests, criminal record not fatal to employment prospects, no experience required) but perhaps too much so. While I was there as a host at least 20 other hosts were hired on, making a grand total of somewhere around 40 hosts. It is definitely a good opportunity for someone who has been having trouble getting work.

Cons

It was nigh impossible to get enough hours. This was my personal experience. Management was horrible, and often creepy, hitting on female staff.

Stop groping the waitresses

415 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tips were (usually) good. The restaurant was in a bad area and had a lot of entitled customers who would sacrifice anything to get their meal for free, so tips varied pretty frequently.

Cons

...everything else. The management (and most of the FOH staff) is awful. The staff are miserable and have zero ambitions or interests outside of talking about each other and the customers. Very, VERY cliquish. If you're not good friends with the right people, it reflects on everything - especially your schedule, even if the schedule is supposed to be "performance based". Some of the managers were some of the most disgusting people I'd ever met, making lewd comments to and about female servers, and with a pompous do-what-I-say-or-else attitude. Between the cliques and "performance-based" schedule (doesn't work when the restaurant is situated in a poor area! Your customers aren't ordering anything more, no matter how much you push.), full-time is impossible. Scheduling is also supposed to be flexible, but managers sometimes just ignored requested days off or scheduled employees explicitly when they said they could not work - and then punished employees for not finding someone to cover their shift! All in all, a bad place to work.

Either monitor the performance based scheduling like you're supposed to or get rid of it.

Good company with average management

Former Employee - Server in Maumee, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Maumee, OH

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The food was very good

Cons

The management could use a little work

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin