Red Robin

www.redrobin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Good People

I worked at Red Robin part-time

Pros

Good money if you're in the right location

Cons

The double shifts are killers

434 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Get ready to be Micro managed like never before

Former Employee - Former General Manager
    Former Employee - Former General Manager

I worked at Red Robin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Manager meal once per shift, ipads used for training and waits at the door. Other than that, not much nice to say here. I have been a high performing General Manager for over 15 years and this was the worst management position I ever had!

Cons

Very threatening environment. A lot of "if this doesn't happen" we will do this! Everything is Stacked and Ranked every week. You are either Green (get to keep you job), yellow (need to be concerned about your job or red (need to be looking for new job). You have to send schedules to the regional manager, I mean really! There is absolutely no autonomy to make any decisions. Bonus is unrealistic (each restaurant has to increase guest counts by 700 guest per period in order to even be eligible for bonus). so, your budget is a one size fits all! This is completely unrealistic and only about 30-40 restaurants are hitting this metric and then they will not hit the following year. There are over 400 restaurants company wide and only about 10% max bonus. Unheard of! They also roll out a new menu every month. it not only confuses team members, but keeps the management team in a constant state of too much to do and not enough time to do it. they measure labor by productivity and the productivity model only works when the managers cook, prep and clean. We spend more time in an hourly positions than we do actually managing things like food quality, guest satisfaction and so forth. So, if you want to be a mindless robot, then this is the place for you!

You need to become a GM driven company! I should never have to send my schedules to my regional manager! Paint the white lines and get out of our way and let us lead. That is what you hired us to do!

Decent College Job

Former Employee - Server in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Server in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a server for a few years while I went to college. Some might disagree, but I like the "core values" gimmick, the commitment to "STAR" service and periodic training refreshers. For the most part people were easy to get along with and very willing to cover shifts for you. After coming from a bar-style restaurant, I really liked the happier family friendly environment. The managers were extremely friendly.

Cons

Screaming children are an occasional problem. Even when they are well behaved and cute, they still have a tendency to spill cheerios and fries all over the floor. Management had a tendency to make what I would consider poor hiring choices, but that's pretty common for restaurants I would say. The main thing that made working there a pain was that people just don't tip like they do at "fine dining" restaurants. I've heard servers complain about tips everywhere I've been, but seriously, people regularly left like 12% tips for no reason. Maybe they just can't do math.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin