There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Red Robin pushes each employee to gain multitasking skills to provide great service.

Current Employee - Expediter
Current Employee - Expediter

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My managers always gave me my requested days off so that I could pursue school activities. The employees and managers all act as friends, which creates a nice home feeling when going to work. Culture and values are so important they are a part of the training documents and are posted on the managers office door. The core values are even embroidered on the sleeve of all uniform shirts!

Cons

Since managers are usually young and friends with employees, respect and their ability to control the staff is usually low. Recent changes to the service structure has removed the sales support team (i.e. bussers) which has hurt service tremendously. Also, working with the company for 4 years now has not yielded even a small raise.

Advice to Management

Reward team members each year if they have a provided good work (as deemed by management) with a small raise. This will heighten workers loyalty to the company and make them feel as if the company values their service.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin

1. Upbeat environment and a huge menu.

Former Employee - Server in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Server in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Red Robin full-time

Pros

Good environment, company culture, good burgers. There is a lot to learn about fast paced, QSR service here. Training is comprehensive and clearly communicates company vision and goals.

Cons

"Turn 'em and Burn 'em" atmosphere, unable to accommodate some guest requests because burgers could not be cooked to temperature.

Took a turn for the worst

Current Employee - FOH in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - FOH in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible, and table turnover is quick and its easy cash. It's also easy to cross train in different departments.

Cons

Absolute horrible management. Harassment is a continuous problem and managers don't care. After the "image overhaul" core values have completely disappeared. "honor and integrity" is a complete joke there. That is not at all what this company stands for. Managers don't follow by it and set a bad example for employees. Managers have even told FOH how terrible they are at their jobs and negative reinforcement is the only way they see fit to solve issues. I've never worked in such a distasteful work environment. Its a shame because it used to be a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Get it together! Your image overhaul needs to include your employees as well! Many come in completely unhappy because of how Red Robin has fallen apart. Your upper management needs to start taking employee complaints seriously and harassment should not be tolerated on any level!