There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Server

I worked at Red Robin part-time

Pros

One of best jobs that I ever had serving. Their table time requirements make guests happy and help to turn tables. Made a lot of money here.

Cons

none. I really enjoyed working here. If you work hard then you will be given opportunity for better sections and schedules.

none

361 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Tedious

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Pharr, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess in Pharr, TX

I worked at Red Robin part-time for more than a year

Pros

The food perks are nice. You get a discount, and the fries are simply delicious.

Cons

They expect you to pick up after others even if it is not your responsibility. If you are not a kid person, do not work here. The amount of balloons you have to create and are expected to give to children who will proceed to pop them in front of you is ridiculous.

Management should not show favoritism. If hostess need to pick up their hair too, make them. If servers have an assigned section, make them keep it. If busboys should be cleaning a table don't have a server or hostess who is extremely busy clean up.

Red Robin pushes each employee to gain multitasking skills to provide great service.

Current Employee - Expediter
    Current Employee - Expediter

I have been working at Red Robin part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My managers always gave me my requested days off so that I could pursue school activities. The employees and managers all act as friends, which creates a nice home feeling when going to work.
    Culture and values are so important they are a part of the training documents and are posted on the managers office door. The core values are even embroidered on the sleeve of all uniform shirts!

Cons

Since managers are usually young and friends with employees, respect and their ability to control the staff is usually low.
    Recent changes to the service structure has removed the sales support team (i.e. bussers) which has hurt service tremendously.
    Also, working with the company for 4 years now has not yielded even a small raise.

Reward team members each year if they have a provided good work (as deemed by management) with a small raise. This will heighten workers loyalty to the company and make them feel as if the company values their service.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!