There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Best restaurant I have worked for.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rogers, AR
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Pay
Great hours
Good work environment
Awesome upper management

Cons

Update older stores
Update menu
Open more stores

Keep up what your doing. The CEO, Stephen Carley, is making great restaurant decisions, and letting me earn more money. Red Robin takes good care of their managers. As a manager for the company, I feel I have the opportunity to grow within the company. Red Robins values and the importance they put on our guests is unprecedented compared the companies I have worked for. They truly back on of their Core Values; Our people first.

reviews filtered by

STAY AWAY.

Current Employee - Server in Tarentum, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Tarentum, PA

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (more than a year)

Pros

some good employees...have met some of my best friends here

Cons

Too many servers and not enough hours, incompetent, corrupt managers, bad sections, "performance-based" scheduling, cheap, rude customers, long ticket times and bad cooks.

I can't stress enough what an AWFUL company/store this is. When I first started, tips were good and the sections were fair. As time has gone on, the company has made it clear what its priorities are, and they definitely don't include the employees. When the ACA went into effect, our store suddenly had so many servers that everyone was scrambling for hours - the company didn't want to have to pay insurance. Then the performance-based BS started: servers were/are penalized EXTENSIVELY and UNFAIRLY for not selling enough drinks or getting enough people to sign up for the ridiculous royalty program (bad sections, bad schedules, consistent reaming by management, etc; although some of the servers buy the general manager presents - including designer bags - and are able to keep their schedules and sections). Management has never been competent or fair. Before our regional manager was demoted, our general manager was never in the store (especially on holidays and weekends - all the other managers were working 6 days a week, she worked Monday and Tuesday afternoons), it was well-known the GM spent most of her time drinking and getting high at the bar next door, and the kitchen manager had a sexual harassment suit pending forever. Requests for days off/availability are often ignored or "forgotten" about. Some of the managers cuss employees out when calling off. When another server asked for the new regional manager's phone number to talk about the state of the store, she was threatened and told "this isn't something you need to talk to him about".

This company is NOT one you want to work for, and you definitely want to stay away from this store! I've never worked for such a corrupt group of people before in my life. Horrible, horrible place. Stay away!

get rid of the performance-based scheduling/sectioning and treat your employees and guests like actual people, not numbers

2. Fine, but very clique-ish

Former Employee - Hostess in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Hostess in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Scheduling is usually flexible when you can find someone to cover for you. The half-off discount for yourself is pretty nice.

Cons

Not allowed to sit at the bar, even when off-duty. Managerial staff is very clique-ish and picks favorites.

You're not in high school anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin