There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Low pay, few hours, full time. Ha.

Current Employee - BOH  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - BOH in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Red Robin

Pros

The KM is fair, mostly honest, on top of everything from food costs to cleaning, and he's not OCD. If he cuts someone's hours, he cuts across the board, not taking too much from any one person. And if you're seriously hurting, he'll try to find you more hours, even if it's bussing or something. I don't think it's a RR thing though, he was a KM someplace before RR and the training shows. I also like the GM, who is also fair and mostly honest. Neither of them are overly controlling if you do your job well and keep busy. Good people. Both of them. They make a great team.

Cons

I know it's a restaurant, but if you keep cutting hours, you're going to lose people. I keep hearing "corporate says we need to cut labor", and "we need to control labor" and yet--we keep hiring because we're loosing people who need hours, and we replace them with people who want hours and take from the people already there. Grown ups can't live on 20 hours a week.

There are so many kids and high school students working at RR--and ALL of them look alike, like they're stamped out of a mold. I heard the district manager saying certain servers personified RR and then we started getting more servers who looked like them. In the BOH we have almost the entire senior class of the local high school working for us, and they look alike too. You almost "have" to live at home to afford to work here.

The unit visits (BER) are so fake. Everyone is pretending to be okay while the district manager pretends to believe them, except when he's in a bad mood.

It's pretty normal for a corporate restaurant. When I first joined I thought it was different. Guess I was wrong.

361 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Horrible Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Red Robin

Pros

Some of the employees there make it feel like a family environment and you will build some great relationships there.

Cons

The management isnt mature, there is too much gossiping that goes on, everyone knows everyones business, There isnt much room for advancement, You rarely get praised or recognition when you go out of your way to do something great.

Stop hiring so many people and the workers you do have would have enough hours, Stop going behind people's backs and telling their business, Own up to things YOU know YOU made mistakes with.

Clinton Twp. Red Robin Review

Former Employee - Server  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Former Employee - Server in Clinton Township, MI

I worked at Red Robin

Pros

Managers were flexible with scheduling and work hours. They were all pretty good honest people that cared about the employees and the business.

Cons

Singing birthday songs was one of my least favorite things about Red Robin. You quickly get used to it so as to not be bothered by it, but it definitely made the job harder to be proud to have.

I believe management did a pretty good job. My only advice would be to continue to allow flexibility in the schedule.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!