Red Robin

Its a job...

Current Employee - Sales Team in Orland Park, IL
Current Employee - Sales Team in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Red Robin

Pros

Good Tips, friendly guest, friendly employees...

Cons

Can't bring employee meal home unless you pay full price, like the togo box cost $5 or something..
Some managers are like best friends with some employees and play favorites.. You know who you are...
You put in for a Direct Deposit and it never happens..
You put in for a change of address.. never happens.. so any personal information like your w2 form is going to another state.. thank god for online w2s..
they overstaff, so after driving 30 min. you get sent home a hour after you clock on, you make $10, tip out $3 which leaves you with $7, and a empty tank of gas.

Get a clue, sell phones should be used for work only, txting is not work!

455 Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin (View Most Recent)

Good place to work when I started, but company goals changed to make the shareholders happy by the end.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Red Robin

Pros

Great people. Great food. Lots of locations means more opportunities for growth.

Cons

Becoming more corperate year after year. They say their responsibilities are the guest, the team members, then the shareholders. This was the case but isn't anymore. They made their money to get through the hard times by taking care of the guest. Once the hard economic times were almost over they reversed this goal. The shareholders are definitly the driving force, and to drive this upper management constantly threatens managers jobs.

Revert back to taking care of the guest. That's what made you great.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Server in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Server in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Red Robin

Pros

Fun job, GREAT coworkers, and pretty good tips! The management team has supported me and my family every step of the way. They're respectful, helpful, funny - seriously great people.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth. Great "for now" job, but it seems a little too difficult to work your way into management for their level of compensation.

If it were easier or better explained, I would definitely consider working toward management and staying with this company more permanently.

There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin